INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Video Playback from Network Drive in MC12  (Read 17236 times)

bbrip

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
Video Playback from Network Drive in MC12
« on: August 29, 2007, 03:08:04 am »

Sorry, but I am really struggling here. I am Trying to play back Video files (mp4, encoded with Nero) on from a Network drive and this just drives me nuts.

First of all, it takes forever before the file loads and starts playback (if it ever does start to play back). This is about 5x slower than starting  playback of the same file using Zoomplayer or Nero's Showtime Player.

I have fiddled around with all sorts of Directoshow filter setups for mp4 file extensions but it just does not get any better.

Any clues what I might be doing wrong or why MC12 takes so much time?

NB: It eventually starts playing back files encoded in AVC codec. It comes back with an "Could not find file" error when trying to play back files in the "old" ASP codec. Seems a matter of playback filter configuratiohn, but I've tried jsut about everything....

Any clues?

Many thanks
bbrip

timlacey

• Recent member
Re: Video Playback from Network Drive in MC12
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2007, 03:33:23 am »

I had this problem, using a Wireless G connection and Windows Vista.  Switching to my wired network fixed it.  I agree it should work, though, since it works with WinDVD, Nero, and WMP.  There is a Vista bug related to multiple network connections that I'm pretty sure was slowing my system down, since my XP hard wired systems were MUCH MUCH faster.

bbrip

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2007, 03:47:52 am »

I've got a powerline Network, quite fast. Its not the network, otherwise I'd have the same issues playing the stuff back on ZoomPlayer or Nero Showtime. It has to do with MC12, which is not just so much slower in loading the file, there is also mich more jitter than with the other players.

I also compared resource consumption: Playback on Zoomplayer gets me to 12-13% CPU usage, Playback on MC12 to 80-90% !!!

This cant be normal....

bbrip

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2007, 04:32:20 am »

I suppose you are not using Library Server. It uses http://... adressses and in my experience it can stream only simple MPEG1 files directly from the server without buffering the complete files first.

By default MC should use the same DirectShow chain that other DirectShow players use so there should not be any difference in startup speed or CPU usage. I use the CCCP filter & codec pack and MP4 video playback works fine when I use a local library that has files imported from a network share (or just dragged to Playing Now) using XP as a server & a client.

I just tried an H.264 & AAC-LC encoded MP4 video file on a 2.8 Ghz P4. The CPU usage was on average about 10% (6-14 %) and playback started without delay (after MC had created the thumbnail). DirectShow used the Haali media splitter and FFDShow video & audio decoders. I have a 100MB wired LAN.

Then only thing I have adjusted in MC's DirectShow options is ticking all video file formats to use DirectShow. I have not configured any specific filters.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2007, 06:33:20 am »

Any podcasts downloading in the background?  You can turn that off in MC's General/Features/Advanced (to test).

bbrip

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2007, 06:56:04 am »

I am not using Media Server. Mediaserver cna only stream Audio, but not Video.

No podcasts running in the background. In fact absolutely no other tasks running other then the firefox web browser....

bbrip

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2007, 07:00:59 am »

Then only thing I have adjusted in MC's DirectShow options is ticking all video file formats to use DirectShow. I have not configured any specific filters.

I have just turned all filter selections off and just ticked the mp4 format to use Directshow.  It does not change the jittery playback and high resource consumption

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2007, 07:03:13 am »

Uninstall your virus checker (to test).  Reboot.

Disabling may not be enough.

bbrip

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2007, 07:23:53 am »

Why would that interfere with MC12 but not the other players? Anyway, cant uninstlal on my main machine but do some testing on another machine that doesnt even have Norton on there.  I'll report back

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2007, 07:28:28 am »

It could be AV software, but since it's not affecting any other players I'm skeptical... MC might use or load the files differently though, so who knows.  I think I'd check this first though:

What source and transform filters is MC using to handle MP4 playback?  AVC decode is pretty hefty, and if you are using bad or underpowered filters, it can cause severe performance problems.  If you don't know what MC is using, this section of the FAQ can help you find out: http://wiki.jrmediacenter.com/index.php/DirectShow_Playback_Guide#Filter_Configuration_During_Playback

While Zoomplayer is a DirectShow player like MC, it does also have some built-in decoding capabilities that could be making it's results slightly different than MC's.  Nero uses it's own codecs for playback, which in my experience, are terrible when used outside of it's own player.

What are the specs of your computer?  Knowing that could help determine what filters might be successful.

Two options that might help...

(1) If your computer is somewhat underpowered (Pentium 4 "pre-Prescott", Athlon XP, or earlier), using a more "streamlined" decoder filter might help a LOT.  CoreAVC is widely regarded as the fastest MPEG-4 (ASP and AVC) decoder out there, but isn't free unfortunately.  More here: http://wiki.jrmediacenter.com/index.php/DirectShow_Playback_Guide:Alternative_Filters#Other_MPEG-4_Software_Decoders

(2) Assuming you have a relatively robust system, make sure the source (splitter) filter is something robust.  For MP4 playback the best option is really probably Haali Media Splitter.  This is included as part of CCCP, which is probably the easiest and best performing option available free of charge.  More here: http://wiki.jrmediacenter.com/index.php/DirectShow_Playback_Guide#What_filters_do_I_need_and_where_do_I_get_them.3F
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2007, 07:30:24 am »

I have just turned all filter selections off and just ticked the mp4 format to use Directshow.  It does not change the jittery playback and high resource consumption

Have you tried to play the same file from a local drive? I wonder if the LAN connection has anything to do with the problem.

I forgot to mention that I can't see any difference in CPU usage when the play the same file from a local drive.

On my PC MC reports these DS filters during playback:

The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2007, 07:40:34 am »

On my PC MC reports these DS filters during playback:

Right... Those filters are what you would see if CCCP is handling playback (Haali and FFDSHOW).

FFDSHOW should be completely adequate for the vast majority of machines.  I have a Athlon XP @ 2.5GHz (roughly equivalent to the P4) that can handle it with relative ease up to full NTSC SD resolutions (720x480 non-square).  I have another slower Athlon XP (not sure of the speed but I think it's a 2.0GHz or a 1.8GHz or so) and it stutters a bit with FFDSHOW if the AVC compression is severe.

That's another point as well... The difficulty in decompressing AVC footage is proportional (though not directly) to the "amount" of compression used and the frame size.  Decoding a x264 video at 480x360 is a different story entirely than decoding a x264 video at 720p, and bitrate matters a LOT as well.

bbrip

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2007, 07:46:31 am »

Yes, I have played form a local drive, plays just fine. But then again, it plays just fine on a network drive using Zoomplayer!!

I had configured Haali and ffdshow to be used to playback mp4 files. I have then taken all (manual) filter sleections out - as suggested erlieron - an just ticked mp4 to be handled via directoshow.

It doesnt make any difference. It jitters along quite awfully...

In fact, I always would have expected Haali and ffdshow to be the bast filters to handle mp4. And they handle it playing form local drive thru MC12, just complete failure on network drive... Very strange.

And by the way: Its not Norton interferring. Just plugged a PC in that does not even have virus protection on there - same problems !!!

bbrip

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2007, 07:51:52 am »

Glynor, again, its not computing power. It decodes my AVC files just fine using any other player than MC12. And it has a 2.2GHZ Intel in it to start with, so this is absolutely not the reason why it jitters.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2007, 08:14:20 am »

Just so you know, a 2.2GHz P4 actually is pretty slow by today's standards...  Even my 3.0GHz Prescott (P4) machine can't handle AVC decoding of 720p material without completely choking.  A 2.2GHz Core 2 Duo (or Athlon 64 X2) is another story of course (though even they will have trouble with HD footage without hardware assistance)...

If you could answer my actual questions, it might help.  What filters are being used RIGHT NOW for playback?  As I said, comparing to ZoomPlayer and Nero is comparing Apples to Oranges.  ZoomPlayer uses some built-in decoders for MPEG-4 playback, and can be configured to ignore the normal DirectShow merit scores (just like MC).

The fact that it is network-only is what leads me to suspect that it is a filter getting in the way.  Different filters can access the media on disk in different ways.  That big delay before playback starts leads me to suspect that a filter (or set of filters) is trying to handle playback and failing, and then something else is taking over.

What other filters and decoding software do you have installed?

You might also want to check the CCCP Troubleshooting Guide.  Particularly here (and down): http://www.cccp-project.net/wiki/index.php?title=Troubleshooting_Guide#After_installing_PowerDVD_7_H.264_playback_is_broken.21

bbrip

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2007, 08:59:02 am »

I am having Haali Media Splitter and ffdshow Audio and Video filters assigned to play back mp4 files. I got the latest version of CCCP installed.

As far as computing power is concerned, sure there are more powerful machines. All I am saying is that there is software around that handles what I expect it to do on the computer (and less powerful ones) I have at hand.

I have been using Zoomplayer so far for Video playback but would LOVE to move to MC12 as I like its much more powerful database capabilities. But if MC12 doesnt handle what I want to do (Ie. stream video via a network drive) - so be it. I will just have to stick with Zoomplayer (or Nero ShowTime) for my video needs for the time being. Thats not the end of the world, also not the most comfy setup.

In terms of decoding software, I have the latest version of the Nero Suite installed (7.0).

bbrip

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2007, 09:30:53 am »

It would be important to find out why the file on a network share behaves differently. Surely it is not bandwidth problem if other players can play the file normally.

How exactly do you play these files with MC? Have you imported them to the media library and has MC built all thumbnails?

As a test you could try the following:
Create a new empty library, turn the Auto-Importer and servers off and just drag one video file from the network location to Playing Now and play it. This would more or less mimic the behavior of a simple player that does not have a media library or other automatic tasks running.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2007, 10:10:45 am »

I am having Haali Media Splitter and ffdshow Audio and Video filters assigned to play back mp4 files. I got the latest version of CCCP installed.

While video is playing, right-click in the video window and choose "DirectShow Filters". See if the list of filters are exactly what you assigned. See Alex's screenshot for example.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2007, 10:11:16 am »

Good idea, Alex!

bbrip -- I'm just curious because I've seen this type of issue once or twice before, so I'd like to come up with a solution (to help people in the future).  Your computer is certainly powerful enough that it should be able to handle it, I was just making the point for HD footage that might not be equally true.  That is NOT the case for this issue though, because it works fine when the file is local (right?).

I'm, personally, betting right now that it is Nero that's causing it.  The description of the issue isn't perfect, but I'm wondering if it is related to this:

I randomly get no audio or no video when I play MP4's. Now what?

In 99% of all cases, this is caused by Nero's MP4 splitter (NDparser.ax) interfering. Most users have a working version of it, and then you usually never notice it since it just works (you won't get Haali's tray icon though). However, for some, seemingly random, users it's broken and doesn't provide either video or audio output. The solution to this problem is to unregister it, after verifying that it is indeed the culprit. This is most easily done using the CCCP Insurgent.

That's from the CCCP Troubleshooting guide, and the solution is here: http://www.cccp-project.net/wiki/index.php?title=Troubleshooting_Guide#I_randomly_get_no_audio_or_no_video_when_I_play_MP4.27s._Now_what.3F

Alex certainly could be right though, there could be another process interfering with it as well!

When I asked what filters are actually being used, I meant exactly what Yaobing just said above.  Could you list (or post a screenshot) of that with one of the "stuttery" files playing back?

bbrip

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2007, 10:40:11 am »

While video is playing, right-click in the video window and choose "DirectShow Filters". See if the list of filters are exactly what you assigned. See Alex's screenshot for example.

Strange, I am not getting a "DirectShowFilters" item to show up if I rightclick on the Video window. I also dont have Aspect Ratio etc etc.
Only "Display View", "Detach View" and "More...." 

That might be the cause of the problem. But dont know why it does not attach the Filters I have specified....  ?

bbrip

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2007, 10:42:34 am »

Good idea, Alex!

bbrip -- I'm just curious because I've seen this type of issue once or twice before, so I'd like to come up with a solution (to help people in the future).  Your computer is certainly powerful enough that it should be able to handle it, I was just making the point for HD footage that might not be equally true.  That is NOT the case for this issue though, because it works fine when the file is local (right?).

I'm, personally, betting right now that it is Nero that's causing it.  The description of the issue isn't perfect, but I'm wondering if it is related to this:

That's from the CCCP Troubleshooting guide, and the solution is here: http://www.cccp-project.net/wiki/index.php?title=Troubleshooting_Guide#I_randomly_get_no_audio_or_no_video_when_I_play_MP4.27s._Now_what.3F

Alex certainly could be right though, there could be another process interfering with it as well!

When I asked what filters are actually being used, I meant exactly what Yaobing just said above.  Could you list (or post a screenshot) of that with one of the "stuttery" files playing back?

Thanks Glynor.

However, I do get the Haali Icon to show up in System Tray when a file is playing.  But still might be Nero. Its also strange that I dont get the "DirectShow" Submenu showing up....  (see above)

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2007, 10:49:37 am »

On the DirectShow options page, do you have the option checked for "Use Windows Media Player When Possible"?

If a right click doesn't show you MC's DirectShow settings, then something else is playing the file.  It's what you would see if WMP's or Quicktime's playback engines were in use by MC.

Take a careful look at what's running in Task Manager.  Kill anything ipod, itunes, quicktime, or real.

bbrip

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2007, 10:54:12 am »

No, the Windows Media Player Option is disabled (ie not ticked).

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2007, 10:54:46 am »

Strange, I am not getting a "DirectShowFilters" item to show up if I rightclick on the Video window. I also dont have Aspect Ratio etc etc.
Only "Display View", "Detach View" and "More...." 

That might be the cause of the problem. But dont know why it does not attach the Filters I have specified....  ?

Does the right-click menu also show the "Set Display > Quick Time" item?

Edit:
- during playback.

bbrip

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2007, 10:55:40 am »

No it doesnt. I dont have Quicktime installed

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2007, 10:58:14 am »

Do you have the "Set Display" item only and no subitem after it?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2007, 11:11:49 am »

Do you have any Stilton?

bbrip

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2007, 11:12:07 am »

Does the right-click menu also show the "Set Display > Quick Time" item?

Edit:
- during playback.

Sorry - I have to correct myself. It does show Up "Set Display Quickltime" !! So it seems to be Quicktime messing around here. Probably got on the machine while I was trying around with iTunes...

Where can I set that it ignores Quicktime???

bbrip

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2007, 11:12:52 am »

Do you have any Stilton?

The only thing I know being called Stilton is a Blue Cheese  ::)

bbrip

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2007, 11:19:51 am »

I have uninstalled Quicktime altogehter - as i said didnt even realize it was on here!!  But now it asks for it when trying to play back files. MC12 just seems to ignore my DirectShow settings for some odd reason...  :(

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2007, 11:28:57 am »

The only thing I know being called Stilton is a Blue Cheese  ::)
Good guess.  It's just that the conversation was beginning to remind me of this one:

http://www.thecheesestore.com.au/the_cheese_shop.html

bbrip

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2007, 11:32:30 am »

I Love that one, Jim  ;D

So my DirectShowFilters are out today. When can I expect next delivery  ;)

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2007, 11:40:58 am »

Sorry - I have to correct myself. It does show Up "Set Display Quickltime" !! So it seems to be Quicktime messing around here. Probably got on the machine while I was trying around with iTunes...

QT can play H.264 video files, but the quality is lower and it uses a lot of resources. I have QT installed, but MC does not use it for MP4 video playback.

I have uninstalled Quicktime altogehter - as i said didnt even realize it was on here!!  But now it asks for it when trying to play back files. MC12 just seems to ignore my DirectShow settings for some odd reason...  :(

Is the filename extension .mp4 or something else? If it is .mp4 have you really selected the MP4 file type in MC's DirectShow options?

You could try to uninstall all installed DirectShow filters and install (or reinstall) the CCCP filter pack. Download the latest version from here: http://cccp-project.net/download.php?type=cccp
Before you install CCCP you should run this program:
http://www.cccp-project.net/wiki/index.php?title=Insurgent

bbrip

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2007, 11:44:08 am »

Alex, Yes it is mp4 and I have triple-checked that I have set the filters againt the mp4 extension. Its all set up that way.

Ok, probably need to go thru the pain to uninstall and reinstall CCCP....

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2007, 11:48:58 am »

Good guess.  It's just that the conversation was beginning to remind me of this one:

http://www.thecheesestore.com.au/the_cheese_shop.html

;D

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2007, 11:54:26 am »

Does your zoomplayer use ffdshow? If not you could open ffdshow's video decoder settings->codecs
and check that libavcodec is used to decode mp4.

bbrip

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2007, 11:58:00 am »

Just installed the latest version of CCCP, rebooted PC - but no luck. The bleeding thing ist still asking fro Quicktime....

Yes. Zoomplayer does use ffdshow

bbrip

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2007, 12:02:43 pm »

Did you try other MP4 files since you've removed QT?

MP4 is a container.  I wonder what's in it.

Did you follow glynor's advice above?
Before you install CCCP you should run this program:
http://www.cccp-project.net/wiki/index.php?title=Insurgent

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2007, 12:07:02 pm »

Just installed the latest version of CCCP, rebooted PC - but no luck. The bleeding thing ist still asking fro Quicktime....

This is VERY odd.  Just to make sure, because you said "installed the latest version" but said nothing about Insurgent or removing previous versions... When you do this, it is extremely important that you follow the steps listed in the CCCP install procedure step-by-step.

This includes:

1. Downloading and running CCCP Insurgent (there's no install, just run the EXE).
2. Using Add/Remove Programs Control Panel to remove anything it finds, including previous versions of CCCP.
3. Remove any individual codecs you might have installed, such as: DirectVobSub, ffdshow, CoreVorbis, and CoreAAC.  The only exceptions are XviD and DivX (but you might as well just remove those too just in case).
4. REBOOT!  VERY IMPORTANT!!
5. Install CCCP.  Answer yes to reset all settings.
6. Configure CCCP as normal.

Did you do each and every single one of those steps?  If not, try that.  If so.... Well... Then I'm completely baffled.  It should only use Quicktime if the box in DirectShow Playback Options is UNCHECKED.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2007, 12:16:28 pm »

I will say though... At least we figured out the poor playback performance part of the deal.  Quicktime's performance is TERRIBLE, so that explains that.

bbrip

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2007, 12:20:52 pm »

Ok, just going thru all of this again. I just uninstalled CCCP. rebooted (as it asked me to).

Now I run Insurgent.
Says "Combined Community Pack (Uninstalled)" - Guess that is good
Says "Matroschka Pack (uninstalled)" - Guess that is good as well
Also says it finds 235 Filters !!!
How do I get these 235 Filters removed? Manually?

Bit puzzled here...  ?

bbrip

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2007, 12:22:34 pm »

I will say though... At least we figured out the poor playback performance part of the deal.  Quicktime's performance is TERRIBLE, so that explains that.

I agree!!! And I was even considering moving over into the Apple camp....  Although the MacBookPro is a nice machine for the road (I run it on windows using bootcamp)  ;D

bbrip

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2007, 12:58:48 pm »

I give up for now. I have uninstalled whatever I could using Control Panel / Programs. rebooted, Installed 6 Configured CCCP and still asks for bleedin' Quicktime.

I'm lost  :'(

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2007, 01:19:10 pm »

Are you starting playback from within MC?  Or from Explorer?

Did you try other files?

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2007, 01:27:00 pm »

Also says it finds 235 Filters !!!
How do I get these 235 Filters removed? Manually?

These are likely okay (though who knows)... My system has 285.  Some of those come with Windows and some of them are part of CCCP.  Some of them come with Nero.  Etc, Etc, Etc...

If you did all those steps, I think we've ruled out the filters as he culprit... Unless it is the PowerDVD filter thing or the Nero filter thing.

Either way, I'd now lean more towards something in MC.  Have you tried a full uninstall, including removing settings when it asks (back up your library first) and then a reinstall of MC?

bbrip

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #45 on: August 29, 2007, 03:32:28 pm »

Are you starting playback from within MC?  Or from Explorer?

Did you try other files?

Jim, I play them from within MC. Yes, I tried a few dozend different files. All the same issues

Glynor,  ok, thanks, I deleted whatever I could and had 229 Filters left when I started reinstalling CCCP. But all didnt fix things.....

bbrip

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #46 on: August 29, 2007, 03:34:06 pm »

Either way, I'd now lean more towards something in MC.  Have you tried a full uninstall, including removing settings when it asks (back up your library first) and then a reinstall of MC?

Yes, I reinstlaled version 308 and then reinstalled it, all doesnt make any difference. Also started with completely empty library. No difference. It simply keeps asking for that stupid Quicktime player

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2007, 04:21:37 pm »

Maybe there is something in the FileAssociations.xml which prevents MC to use directshow filter for mp4?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2007, 04:54:51 pm »

bbrib,

I would like to have more information about the file format and your DS chain.

Could you run the following tests with the CCCP Insurgent program and post the results here?

Tools > Test Render...
Tools > Media Information...

Also, change the filename extension from .mp4 to .avi and/or .mkv and try playback. Does MC use DirectShow now?

bbrip

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #49 on: August 30, 2007, 02:12:05 am »

Here Media Information on one of the Files:

General:
Filename: Harry Potter und der Feuerkelch.mp4
Filesize: 2.51 GiB
Format:
PlayTime: 02:30:38.000
1 video stream(s), 2 audio stream(s), 1 subtitle stream(s).

Video Stream 0:
Length: 02:30:38.000
Frames: 225950, 25.000 fps, 2043 Kbps
Codec: avc1 (Family: )
Dimensions: 720x304, AR: 2.35

Audio Stream 0:
Codec: AAC LC-SBR, A_AAC/MPEG4/LC/SBR, AAC Low Complexity with Spectral Band Replication
Bitrate: 166 Kbps
Bitrate Mode: VBR
Sampling Rate: 48 KHz
Channel(s): 6 channel
Resolution: 16 bits per sample

Audio Stream 1:
Codec: AAC LC-SBR, A_AAC/MPEG4/LC/SBR, AAC Low Complexity with Spectral Band Replication
Bitrate: 165 Kbps
Bitrate Mode: VBR
Sampling Rate: 48 KHz
Channel(s): 6 channel
Resolution: 16 bits per sample

Subtitle Stream 0:
Title: Englisch
Language: English
Codec: subp, The same subtitle format used on DVDs

... and here the render for the same file

File: J:\Video\Harry Potter und der Feuerkelch.mp4

Filter 0: Default DirectSound Device
Filename: C:\WINDOWS\system32\quartz.dll
Filter CRC: EFF011E9
Date: 2005-08-30 | 05:55:35
Filter 1: Video Renderer
Filename: C:\WINDOWS\system32\quartz.dll
Filter CRC: EFF011E9
Date: 2005-08-30 | 05:55:35
Filter 2: ffdshow Audio Decoder
Filename: C:\Programme\Combined Community Codec Pack\Filters\FFDShow\ffdshow.ax
Filter CRC: 180BD07F
Date: 2007-07-15 | 22:14:20
Filter 3: DirectVobSub (auto-loading version)
Filename: C:\Programme\Combined Community Codec Pack\Filters\VSFilter.dll
Filter CRC: 3AF3972A
Date: 2007-05-31 | 19:42:20
Filter 4: ffdshow Video Decoder
Filename: C:\Programme\Combined Community Codec Pack\Filters\FFDShow\ffdshow.ax
Filter CRC: 180BD07F
Date: 2007-07-15 | 22:14:20
Filter 5: J:\Video\Harry Potter und der Feuerkelch.mp4
Filename: C:\Programme\Combined Community Codec Pack\Filters\Haali\splitter.ax
Filter CRC: F0B7BA09
Date: 2007-06-03 | 00:07:12
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up