INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.318  (Read 15325 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 12.0.318
« on: September 03, 2007, 01:33:13 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 12.0.  Any MC12.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

This latest build (usually safe) of MC12.0 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC12/MediaCenter120318.exe

12.0.318 (08/31/07)

1. NEW: Action Window > Camera allows gathering media (images, video, audio) from any website. (spiders one level deep)
2. NEW: Action Window > Camera allows gathering images from Google Images for any search.
3. Fixed: MP3 iPod transfers and seeking could still be overly slow. (introduced in build 309)
4. Changed: TV Time-shifting data files are created in a subfolder of user-selected "TV Recordings" folder, to reduce cluttering.

12.0.317 (08/30/07)

1. Optimized: Improved performance of seeking during TV time-shifting.
2. Optimized: Increased speed of JRiver video codec motion compensation.
3. Changed: More and better video size selection during creation or editing of a custom recording profile (non-MPEG2 analog TV only).
4. Fixed: Minor typos and inconsistencies in the Slideshow XXX templates resolved.
5. Fixed: With "Start Digital TV in Time-shifting Mode" on, starting to play a digital TV channel may not work. Introduced in recent builds.
6. Changed: Send To > External uses the avaiable filename instead of the database filename when sending CUE and other special files.
7. Fixed: With "Start Digital TV in Time-shifting Mode" on, MC would hang if user started playing a digital TV channel immediately after MC starts. Introduced in recent builds.
8. Fixed: TV left a bunch of files in TV recording folder after time-shifting ended. Introduced in recent builds.
9. Fixed: iPod syncs could be overly slow. (introduced in build 309)

12.0.316 (08/29/07)

1. Fixed: Pix01 gallery thumb was not being created if the first item in the gallery was not an image.
2. NEW: Video.png overlay added to Slideshow XXX Pix01 templates.
3. Changed: Video conversion for Pix01 Noire template is defaulted to on.  (Slideshow already has to convert to flv.)
4. Fixed: Video.png overlay added to ALL video thumb images.
5. Fixed: GalleryCreator .flv filenames were not unique.
6. NEW: JPEG files; XMP IPTC tags will be read to MC tags (unless corresponding legacy-IRB IPTC tags also exist).
7. NEW: Improved JRiver video codec settings.
8. Changed: Added more logging to handheld transfers.

12.0.315 internal build

12.0.314 (08/28/07)

1. Changed: Slow double-click on a list to edit only fires if the second click comes within two seconds of the first click.
2. Changed: Scheduler playlist selection list better sorts playlists.
3. NEW: "Rename Files From Properties..." dialog has a preview to show the changes that will be made.
4. Fixed: Pressing escape or enter in the scheduler dialog could close the task page and leave the dialog open.
5. Fixed: Pix01 gallery thumb was not being created if the first item in the gallery was not an image.
6. New: Added XMP tags to the tag format listing.
7. Changed: Podcasts only open the download window for manually requested episodes.
8. Fixed: Digital TV recording (to dvr-ms format) did not work unless the user logged in as an administrator and UAC was turned off.
9. Changed: Pressing "Eject" on the handheld transfer complete Action Window also closes the Action Window.
10. Changed: Trying to sync a handheld right away when starting the program shows a wait message while devices are loaded. (instead of showing a no devices error)
11. Changed: Added more logging to library server.
12. Changed: If a handheld sync failed to start, it would leave an extra "Finished" action window in the stack.
13. Fixed: Dowloading videos was not working with the latest YouTube site.
14. Fixed: Downloaded files would not remain in the "Downloads" view after they finished downloading.

12.0.313 (08/27/07)

1. NEW: Updated French translation. (thanks to Guillaume)
2. NEW: Added British translation. (thanks to Prod)
3. NEW: Last.fm plugin 1.0.7 is included with the player.

12.0.312 (08/24/07)

1. Optimized: Importing large TIFF files is much faster.
2. NEW: Copyright is read from TIFF file tags.
3. NEW: Action Window > Tag > Format for TIFF files shows copyright, software, and geo tagging (for flight maps) information.
4. Fixed: Entering a duration into a search / smartlist like 3:40 was not working properly.
5. Fixed: In rare cases, starting the player with "Last location" selected could show the root of the media library and show error dialogs.
6. Fixed: Added extra checking to "Start at last location" option.
7. Fixed: Podcasts downloading to the wrong place.

12.0.311 (08/23/07)

1. Fixed: After double-clicking the display, the display would stop responding to click nicely.
2. Fixed: TV time-shifting disk access performance could be slow. (only affects last few builds)

12.0.310 (08/22/07)

1. Changed: Web Media context menu (ie adding websites) available when right clicking web media tree items.
2. Fixed: Very long values in a pane could cause a crash.
3. Fixed: Auto-sizing columns would truncate very wide columns unnecessarily.

12.0.309 (08/22/07)

1. Changed: Minor revision to how brightness, etc. are show on the on-screen display to make it less confusing at the center point.
2. Changed: On screen display rolls when pressing up at the top command or down at the last command.
3. Changed: Improved motion compensation in JRiver video codec.
4. Fixed: ASX parsing could incorrectly set videos to a media type of audio. (Nasa TV, etc.)
5. Fixed: Doing "Clear List" from the burn action window and then dropping more files could cause a crash.
6. Changed: It's no longer possible to save multiple view layouts with the same name. (now the new overwrites the previous)
7. Fixed: Manually reordering columns, and then loading a view layout would not work properly.
8. Fixed: When scrolling a list horizontally, the header could lag a little behind the column data.
9. Changed: On a fresh install, the option "Show stop button" will be enabled. (Options > General > Show stop button)
10. Changed: When dragging the main window around the screen, border snapping uses a smaller window size.
11. Fixed: Doing "Updates Library (from tags)" will correct invalid cover art links if the file has changed.
12. Changed: Doing "Update Library (from tags)" or "Update Tags (from library)" will update visible thumbnails right away if necessary.
13. Fixed: Gallery creator (pix01) could create incorrect image sizes.

dgoodrie

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Media Center 12.0.318
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2007, 05:57:02 pm »

On Vista Home Premium, if the album has multiple artists per track mp3 then the album comes up missing under the Media Center Album Artist (Auto) panel.  I cleared the library and imported it back in but it still has the same problem.
HP M9200T Core 2 Duo E8400 3 GHz, 3gb, GF 8600 GT 512mb
Dell 3000 Pentium 4 3.0 ghz, 2gb
HP DV9700T Intel T9300 Duo 2 2.5gz, 3gb, GF 8600 GS 512mb

JONCAT

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2007, 09:49:22 pm »

NEW: "Rename Files From Properties..." dialog has a preview to show the changes that will be made.

We're dealing with filenames. The window can't be made bigger, and with standard font size, everything is cut off until we manually expand the columns. A preview is supposed to act like a shortcut.

Maybe less cumbersome if Current & Preview were stacked as two separate horizontal fields.

And what about a Fill Properties From Filename preview. This would be much more handy imo; then you don't have to manually expand the Filename column or Find External to see the current filename structure.

DC

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2007, 09:40:26 am »

NEW: "Rename Files From Properties..." dialog has a preview to show the changes that will be made.

We're dealing with filenames. The window can't be made bigger, and with standard font size, everything is cut off until we manually expand the columns. A preview is supposed to act like a shortcut.

Maybe less cumbersome if Current & Preview were stacked as two separate horizontal fields.

And what about a Fill Properties From Filename preview. This would be much more handy imo; then you don't have to manually expand the Filename column or Find External to see the current filename structure.

DC

Move your mouse over a line and you'll get a nice tooltip right away.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2007, 11:09:26 am »

Tools -> Options -> Playback -> Output Mode Settings
Some text is cut of if Output mode is set to "Direct Sound":
Channels (if in

fretwalker

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2007, 11:57:12 am »

Since the last few versions not all playlists are shown in the action window -> tag -> playlists.
In this version it's unfortunately still the case... I need this function pretty often, what has happened here?

Regards, Eric
C·ustom O·n D·emand

eba

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2007, 02:21:12 pm »

3. NEW: "Rename Files From Properties..." dialog has a preview to show the changes that will be made.

Excellent addition... :)
It would be nice to have a checkbox to hide all the files with no change.
I just ran it on my whole library to see which ones were correctly named - and there were probly about 30 changes, a few of which were incorrectly tag-named rather than incorrectly file-named, but seeing which ones they were was quite difficult - sorting doesn't seem to work either (guess it sorts by new file name even if it is showing no change).

rjm

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2007, 03:41:52 pm »

A very impressive set of improvements!

Complements to the JRiver team for deliverying such a powerful application in such a small (16MB) install package. Nice to see you bucking the bloat trend.

2. Fixed: Very long values in a pane could cause a crash.
Confirming this seems to be fixed.

3. Fixed: Auto-sizing columns would truncate very wide columns unnecessarily.
Wonderful! This has been bugging me for years. Thank you very much.

An excellent addition. Will be very useful for detecting path/filenames that exceed the Windows limit.

2. NEW: Action Window > Camera allows gathering images from Google Images for any search.
Gave this new feature a quick test drive and concluded it might be very handy from time to time. I would however prefer that you did not automatically import the images into the library. It would be better to show the found files and then let me decide which ones are worth keeping for tagging and subsequent manual import.

Overall a great release!

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2007, 03:50:31 pm »

A very impressive set of improvements!
Thanks.
[Image Ripping]Gave this new feature a quick test drive and concluded it might be very handy from time to time. I would however prefer that you did not automatically import the images into the library. It would be better to show the found files and then let me decide which ones are worth keeping for tagging and subsequent manual import.
Selecting what you want isn't very different from selecting what you don't want (and deleting them).  There is even an option for "invert selection" if you want to first select the ones you want.  The imported files are all in the "Recently Imported" playlist.

rjm

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2007, 03:56:03 pm »

Selecting what you want isn't very different from selecting what you don't want (and deleting them).  There is even an option for "invert selection" if you want to first select the ones you want.  The imported files are all in the "Recently Imported" playlist.

Yes, I understand and can happily live with it as implemented. I am just very fussy about my library and nothing gets imported unless the tags and folder/filenames are perfect. Your approach creates the possibility of a user oversight to leave crap in the library.

ProblemChild

• Junior Woodchuck
  • But I don't wanna be the same as everybody else...
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2007, 09:46:54 am »

Hopefully this is the right place to post...
Just upgraded to 318 and am having difficulties w/my mouse.
1When ripping CDs, if, while one CD is being read, I am editing the tags for the other via the (modified) Artist/Album view,
every time MC gets to the end of a track, it grabs the mouse focus. The column I'm entering data in takes whatever string has been typed up to that point and carries it down.
2In views w/many columns off of the screen I used to be able to use the mouse wheel to easily easily flip horizontally. It seemed automatically to switch into horizontal mode, just like it seemed to automatically scroll vertically (using the wheel) if there were fewer rows of entries than fit within the current view. Now it seems I have to click on the desired scroll bar and then use the wheel to get the same effect.
So I'm posting mostly out of curiousity about the 1st issue and whether it is perhaps the result of some setting I have missed, but thanks for any insight. Sorry if this is the wrong place.
Thanks.

sherbs

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2007, 07:05:39 pm »

Trying to play videos in Google Video in MC crashes it but play allright from IE

prod

• Play nice
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2007, 01:46:29 am »

Double clicking the Next button on Install brings the "Media Center Installation Complete" dialog up prematurely. Installation continues behind it tho.

tombert

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2007, 04:08:54 am »

Thats only a reminder on the still open tagging bug: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=42350.0

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2007, 07:08:19 am »

As reported previously.  When you hit stop, the playing now visualisation clears.  If you then press PLAY the visualisation reappears but without populating any details leaving a corrupt display. 

Mark

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2007, 07:12:20 am »

The newly included LastFM plugin reports an hour difference (on my PC at least) between "when played" and "when submitted" even though both events are occurring at the same time.  The "When Played" clock is misreporting by 1 hour; the "When Submitted" clock is correct.

Mark

JONCAT

« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2007, 12:43:52 pm »

Open Handheld for sync, sync ready. Ready Auto-Import. In the tree, switch from Recently Imported to Handheld just worked with. MC crashes without warning.

DC

Media Center Registered 12.0.308 -- C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 12\

Workstation 5.2 Service Pack 2 (Build 3790)
AMD Unknown 2988 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 2096 MB, Free - 1425 MB

Internet Explorer: 7.0.5730.11 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.3790 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.3790 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.3790 / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0002) , ASPI for Win32         DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0002)

Ripping /   Drive D: PLEXTOR DVDR   PX-716AL   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive J: LITE-ON DVDRW SHW-1635S   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive P:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive R: LITE-ON DVDRW SHW-1635S   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive D: PLEXTOR  DVDR   PX-716AL    Addr: 0:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive J: LITE-ON  DVDRW SHW-1635S    Addr: 3:0:0  Speed:17  MaxSpeed:17  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive R: LITE-ON  DVDRW SHW-1635S    Addr: 3:1:0  Speed:17  MaxSpeed:17  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:

Device info dump for 'JA Mp3':

WMDMName:
DeviceUID: {4947BF2F-2848-424F-A64F-09CBCF79E52B}
CanonicalName:
VendorName: ; VendorID:
ProductID: ; FirmwareVersion:
WMDMSerialNumber: NULL
DeviceType: 4; DeviceID: ; DeviceName: ; UnsupportedDevice: 0
IsDrive: 1; DriveLetter: ; DrivePath: C:\JA Archive (Mp3); MainDriveLetter:
IsJanusCapable: ; IsIpod:
SupportsAlbumArt: ; AlbumArtEnabled: 1; CoverArtTagRule: 1; SaveCoverArtToFolderJPG: 0
SupportsFolders: -1; PlaylistFormat: 0; EjectMode: ; AlwaysPumpCOMMessages: 0
SupportedFileTypes: mp3;ogg;mp4;mpc
ContextMenus:
MemoryTypes:
InstallURL:
ApplicationName: Media Center
ImageName:
RootBasePath:
AudioBasePath: [Album Artist (auto)]\[Album]\
ImageBasePath: Images\
VideoBasePath: Video\
DataBasePath: Data\
PlaylistBasePath: Playlists\
DatabaseBasePath:
AudibleBasePath:
MatchKeyExpression: If(IsEqual([Media Type], Image), [Name][File Size, 0], [Name]Clean([Artist], 1)[Album][Genre]FormatNumber([Track #, 0])[Media Type])
ChangeKeyExpression: [Rating]

Interface Plugins:
  last.fm (Active)
  Library Server (Active/Enabled)
  TiVo Server
  UPnP Server
  Playing Now (Active)

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2007, 12:50:22 pm »

That's an old build, isn't it?

sirshambling

• Galactic Citizen
  • real soul lives on....
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2007, 09:23:19 am »

Where have all my playlists gone?

Where have all the "system playlists" gone?

udeups

• World Citizen
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2007, 09:56:10 am »

Since the last.fm plugin is now included in MC, should we post bugs with it here? I posted the following in the last.fm plugin thread, but haven't heard anything.

I don't know if this is related, but my submissions are failing when I submit as a client from a library server. This wasn't a problem in ver 3. The plugin scrobbles fine with local files, but ones pulled off the library server do not qualify.

I'm having this same problem with the new version submitting from a client of a library server. This also worked fine for me in ver 3.

I see the following for all files that I play from the client machine. Playing those same files on the server machine works fine, and playing files local to the client machine works fine.

Code: [Select]
06/09/2007 14:59:25.198 (       41) > File did not qualify (0) therefore it's not being submitted!
06/09/2007 14:59:25.065 (       40) > Issuing the following filter: ~d=a filename="m01p://pauld.dyndns.org:81/I:^5cDOWNLOADS^5cTorrents Finished^5ckangding ray - stabil^5c03 kangding ray - sub.res.mp3" Filetype=[mp3],[wav],[ogg],[flac],[ape],[mpc],[wma],[wv]

lmurawski

• Recent member
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2007, 10:50:22 am »

Some image files and text files are being synced to my ipod.  Looking through the options, I don't see anyplace where I've selected any jpg or txt files to sync or through any of my play lists.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2007, 10:51:51 am »

Some image files and text files are being synced to my ipod.  Looking through the options, I don't see anyplace where I've selected any jpg or txt files to sync or through any of my play lists.
Please re-post this on the iPod board.  You probably have these files in your playlists.

lmurawski

• Recent member
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2007, 11:01:54 am »

Please re-post this on the iPod board.  You probably have these files in your playlists.

Legacy "Top Hits" play list lost it's Audio-only tag upgrading to 318.

tombert

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Media Center 12.0.318: Hang up
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2007, 03:04:44 pm »

I've got a non-reproduceable crash/hang log-file.
Anybody interested? then please provide an e-mail to send to.

regards

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2007, 03:06:24 pm »

Just post the last few lines here.

tombert

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Media Center 12.0.318: Hang up
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2007, 03:34:08 pm »

I've got a non-reproduceable crash/hang log-file.
Anybody interested? then please provide an e-mail to send to.

regards

Looks like it was shuting down ... misterious cause I didnt do anything on the computer ...
0020625: 2480: Database: CThumbnailsDatabase::EraseOrphans: Start
0020656: 2480: Database: CThumbnailsDatabase::EraseOrphans: Finish (31 ms)
0020656: 2480: Database: CMediaFileIOSave::Load: Saving: D:\My Music\Media Center\Libraries\MyLib\mediafiles.jmd
0020703: 2480: Database: CMediaFileIOSave::Load: Saving: D:\My Music\Media Center\Libraries\MyLib\playlistx.jmd
0020703: 2480: Database: CMediaFileIOSave::Load: Saving: D:\My Music\Media Center\Libraries\MyLib\removable.jmd
0020719: 2480: Database: CMediaFileIOSave::Load: Saving: D:\My Music\Media Center\Libraries\MyLib\browser.jmd
0020719: 2480: Database: CMediaFileIOSave::Load: Saving: D:\My Music\Media Center\Libraries\MyLib\view state (index).jmd
0020719: 2480: Database: CMediaFileIOSave::Load: Saving: D:\My Music\Media Center\Libraries\MyLib\view state temporary (index).jmd
0020734: 2480: Database: MCDB::Save: Finish (125 ms)
0020734: 2480: Database: MCDB::Unload: Updating child objects after unload
0020734: 2480: Database: MCDB::Unload: Resetting info
0020734: 2480: Database: MCDB::Unload: Finish (140 ms)
0020734: 2480: General: CMCShutdownHelper::Cleanup: Closing services
0020750: 2480: Service: CServicePlugin::Unload: Start
0020750: 2480: SDK: CMJAutomation::~CMJAutomation: Global Count: 0
0020750: 2480: Service: CServicePlugin::Unload: Finish (0 ms)
0020750: 2480: General: CMCShutdownHelper::Cleanup: Unloading skinning
0020750: 2480: General: CMCShutdownHelper::Cleanup: Deleting MC core
0020750: 2480: General: CMCCore::Destroy: Start
0020750: 2480: General: CMCCore::Destroy: Deleting UI
0020765: 2480: General: CMCCore::Destroy: Deleting Tools
0020765: 2480: General: CMCToolsCore::Destroy: Start
0020765: 2480: General: CNDownloadQueue::Cancel: Start
0020765: 2480: General: CNDownloadQueue::Cancel: ID=-1
0020765: 2480: General: CNDownloadQueue::Cancel: elapsed time before cancel loop = 2
0020765: 2480: General: CNDownloadQueue::Cancel: elapsed time for cancel loop = 1
0020765: 2480: General: CNDownloadQueue::Cancel: elapsed time for RemoveDeadTasks = 1
0020765: 2480: General: CNDownloadQueue::Cancel: Finish (0 ms)
0020765: 2480: General: CMCToolsCore::Destroy: Finish (0 ms)
0020765: 2480: General: CMCCore::Destroy: Deleting Player
0020765: 2480: General: CMCCore::Destroy: Deleting DB
0020765: 2480: Database: MCDB::Unload: Start
0020765: 2480: Database: MCDB::Unload: Stopping worker threads
0020765: 2480: Database: MCDB::Unload: Getting database lock
0020781: 2480: Database: MCDB::Unload: Starting unload
0020781: 2480: Database: MCDB::Unload: Resetting info
0020781: 2480: Database: MCDB::Unload: Finish (16 ms)
0020781: 2480: General: CMCCore::Destroy: Deleting Router
0020781: 2480: General: CMCCore::Destroy: Deleting Factory
0020781: 2480: General: CMCCore::Destroy: Deleting Flavor
0020781: 2480: General: CMCCore::Destroy: Deleting Services
0020781: 2480: General: CMCCore::Destroy: Finish (31 ms)
0020781: 2480: General: CMCShutdownHelper::Cleanup: Updating running flags
0020781: 2480: General: CMCShutdownHelper::Cleanup: Deleting global objects
0020812: 2480: General: CMainFrame::OnDestroy: Start
0020812: 2480: General: CMCShutdownHelper::Cleanup: Start
0020812: 2480: General: CMCShutdownHelper::Cleanup: Source: CMainFrame - WM_DESTROY
0020812: 2480: General: CMCShutdownHelper::Cleanup: Finish (0 ms)
0020812: 2480: General: CMainFrame::OnDestroy: Finish (0 ms)
0020812: 2480: General: CMCShutdownHelper::Cleanup: Finish (1437 ms)

olarte

• World Citizen
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2007, 06:46:26 pm »

two related bugs with the built in Smarlist playlist for missing cover art.

The default missing cover art playlist is fine,
but If I edit it to look for image "inside file" it gives the opposite results.

[Media Type]=[audio] -[Image File]=[Inside File] Shows all audio files with the Cover art in them

[Media Type]=[audio] [Image File]=[Inside File] shows no files...

On the Folder, and Empty values work as expected. just not the inside file.

On another note, (I assume it's not possible) but is there a way to find files that have images of a certain size? I'm trying to get all my covers to be 300x300 but don't have an easy way of finding which are not.

Thanks in advance.

DancerMike

• Recent member
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2007, 10:29:35 pm »

When using the latest version of DFX  8, with Vista 64.  The volume slide control sometimes isn't there.  This also occured in the previous version as well.

Thanks

richard.e.morton

• World Citizen
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2007, 10:49:31 am »

Hi,

Great release guys as always.

2 minor things I have not noticed before
 - wont stream m4a from library server to remote media center client (both on xpprosp2), streams mp3, ogg wma and wav
 - cpu usage once a remote client attaches seems to hit the roof even if remote user is idle

Thanks again for your hard work

Rich
Media Center 12 with Girder and Netremote
Windows XP Pro SP2
Tranquil T2e
Via SP13000
2x500GB in RAID1
Testing AJAX Web-I/F
Humax DVB PVR-9600T
Denon ADV-1000
Celestion F-Series Speakers

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2007, 09:59:41 am »

Had 3 tabs open (Playing Now, Audio and USB Thumb Drive Sync).  While on the Audio or Playing Now tab, about every 30 seconds MC12 kept refreshing and drawing the USB Sync screen on-top of the Playing Now or Audio tab's screen data.  Clicking on the USB Sync tab and back on Audio or Playing Now tab would fix the problem (drawing), but after 30 seconds the screen re-draw bug happened again.  This only happened while building the playlist (in Action window) for the USB Sync to use for ultimately syncing the USB thumb drive.

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2007, 11:57:30 am »

Had 3 tabs open (Playing Now, Audio and USB Thumb Drive Sync).  While on the Audio or Playing Now tab, about every 30 seconds MC12 kept refreshing and drawing the USB Sync screen on-top of the Playing Now or Audio tab's screen data.  Clicking on the USB Sync tab and back on Audio or Playing Now tab would fix the problem (drawing), but after 30 seconds the screen re-draw bug happened again.  This only happened while building the playlist (in Action window) for the USB Sync to use for ultimately syncing the USB thumb drive.

I have had almost the same thing, however mine does not seem to do the cycling as described above.
In my case it appears to be triggerred by the re-draw done when returning from minimized, or from switching tabs (often one tab being a view of drive folders).
. . . the game is rigged

Ram1

• Recent member
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2007, 07:58:39 pm »

It's been a while since I've posted... I helped a little with some bugs in 11.1.xxx, and have since started using MC12.  I can't say for sure if this is a bug or an undocumented configuration.

I'm using the upnp server with a DLink DSM-520, and I can't see any of the cover art when playing music on the DSM.  I'm sure that there was a point in time when I could see the cover art.  I just don't recall if it was MC11 with the original firmware for the DSM, or if it was when I upgraded the firmware which resulted in me requiring the upgrade to MC12 (I think it was w/ MC11, though).

I've tried using the cover art image "Inside File", as well as in the Cover Art directory, as well as an image file directly in the albums directory (I think either YADB or Windows Media Player put the image file in the directory... not sure).

Can someone tell me if there is an obscure setting or if this might be a bug in the upnp server not serving up the cover art file?

I know that the user "Motorhead" has had some experience with this sort of setup.  Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

[EDIT] PS) I realize that there is also the possibility that this may be a result of the latest DSM-520 firmware update (1.04), but I hope not, as that isn't something that will likely get fixed anytime soon.

Media Center Registered 12.0.318 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 12\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Core 2159 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 2095 MB, Free - 1110 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive F:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  No burners found. (**DVD burner currently ejected from my laptop in favor of an additional HD**)
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: No /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: No

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:

Interface Plugins:
  last.fm (Active)
  Library Server (Active)
  TiVo Server (Active)
  UPnP Server (Active)

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2007, 08:28:39 pm »

I'm using the upnp server with a DLink DSM-520, and I can't see any of the cover art when playing music on the DSM.  I'm sure that there was a point in time when I could see the cover art.  I just don't recall if it was MC11 with the original firmware for the DSM, or if it was when I upgraded the firmware which resulted in me requiring the upgrade to MC12 (I think it was w/ MC11, though).

Hi Ram, I'll take a look at this tomorrow...

j

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2007, 10:49:47 am »

If this ever worked, then it was cover art inside the file, and the firmware upgrade broke it.

UPnP does have a way of doing cover art, but I haven't implemented it yet. It is on my list...

j

Ram1

• Recent member
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2007, 11:59:00 am »

Thanks, John... I'm a little bummed that the firmware may have broke it, but at least I know where to store my cover art images from now on. 

I'll look forward to the enhancement in the future.

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2007, 12:15:58 pm »

Applying a Playlist Rule via Smartlist Editor to a smartlist is difficult with long similar Playlist paths/names. There is no popup or something like this wich shows the complete name/path of the selected Playlist.

e.g. I have a playlist "pictures\holliday\Canada 2010\Me and my son" and "pictures\holliday\Canada 2010\Me and my car". I'm not able to see wich one I selected in the smartlist editor.

edit: resizing the smartlist editors window may help me for this time. But anyway: a quickinfo or something like this would be helpful.

skeeterfood

• We're all just food for the skeeters.
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2007, 01:08:31 pm »

two related bugs with the built in Smarlist playlist for missing cover art.

The default missing cover art playlist is fine,
but If I edit it to look for image "inside file" it gives the opposite results.

[Media Type]=[audio] -[Image File]=[Inside File] Shows all audio files with the Cover art in them

[Media Type]=[audio] [Image File]=[Inside File] shows no files...

On the Folder, and Empty values work as expected. just not the inside file.

I can confirm this.  I've reported it a few times in prior builds...

-John

DWAnderson

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2007, 03:16:53 am »

A couple of issues:

-- With recent builds the ability of two PCs to access the same library with write access at different times is being compromised by the first PC not giving up its lock on the library, even after MC has terminated and the user has logged off. In other words I'll get the message that the database must be opened as read only because the library is in use by another user-- even though this is not true.

-- With the most recent build, I am getting a "Bad Library" message show up in the episode status column when I use a UNC path as the podcast directory. This does not occur when I use a drive letter to reference the same directory on the PC. 

craft

« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2007, 06:29:47 am »

I've added a large amount of new files to MC library, however MC is listing about 10 % of these twice, consecutively. I've doublechecked this and it is the same file (same path and filename) that is showing up twice.
I've tried removing them from the library and then re-adding them, but it didn't work.
 ?

JONCAT

« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2007, 08:06:55 am »

Searched but couldn't find where I read about a bug with access to DSP studio recently. I can't open it unless Audio is playing. Wasn't this a bug a few releases back?

Just started and stopped playback; now I can enter DSP studio in stop mode.

dc

Media Center Registered 12.0.318 -- C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 12\

AMD Unknown 2998 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 2096 MB, Free - 649 MB

Internet Explorer: 7.0.5730.11 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.3790 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.3790 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.3790 / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0002) , ASPI for Win32         DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0002)

Ripping /   Drive D: PLEXTOR DVDR   PX-716AL   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max

Burning /  Drive D: PLEXTOR  DVDR   PX-716AL    Addr: 0:0:0  Speed:17  MaxSpeed:17  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive J: LITE-ON  DVDRW SHW-1635S    Addr: 3:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive R: LITE-ON  DVDRW SHW-1635S    Addr: 3:1:0  Speed:17  MaxSpeed:17  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:

Device info dump for 'COWON D2 (H:)':

WMDMName: D2 (H:)
DeviceUID: $$?$storage#removablemedia#7&3367d8bd&0&rm#{53f5630d-b6bf-11d0-94f2-00a0c91efb8b}$0
CanonicalName: \\?\storage#removablemedia#7&3367d8bd&0&rm#{53f5630d-b6bf-11d0-94f2-00a0c91efb8b}$0
VendorName: ; VendorID: 3617
ProductID: 2048; FirmwareVersion: 0100
WMDMSerialNumber: 3000320033003000300044003000300031003000380036003200460044004400320031003600300 0320031003900300037003500390033003000330033003000
DeviceType: 0; DeviceID: 02300D0010862FDD2160219075930330; DeviceName: COWON D2; UnsupportedDevice: 0
IsDrive: 1; DriveLetter: H:; DrivePath: ; MainDriveLetter: K:
IsJanusCapable: 0; IsIpod:
SupportsAlbumArt: ; AlbumArtEnabled: 1; CoverArtTagRule: 0; SaveCoverArtToFolderJPG: 0
SupportedFileTypes: *
ContextMenus:
MemoryTypes:
InstallURL:
ImageName:
RootBasePath:
AudioBasePath: Music\[Artist]\[Album]\
PlaylistBasePath: Playlists\
DatabaseBasePath:
AudibleBasePath: Audible\
MatchKeyExpression: If(IsEqual([Media Type], Image), [Name][File Size, 0], [Name]Clean([Artist], 1)[Album][Genre]FormatNumber([Track #, 0])[Media Type])

Device info dump for 'COWON D2 (K:)':

WMDMName: Removable Disk (K:)
DeviceUID: $$?$storage#removablemedia#7&a86bf5b&0&rm#{53f5630d-b6bf-11d0-94f2-00a0c91efb8b}$0
CanonicalName: \\?\storage#removablemedia#7&a86bf5b&0&rm#{53f5630d-b6bf-11d0-94f2-00a0c91efb8b}$0
VendorName: ; VendorID: 3617
ProductID: 2048; FirmwareVersion: 0100
WMDMSerialNumber: 3000320033003000300044003000300031003000380036003200460044004400320031003600300 0320031003900300037003500390033003000330033003000
DeviceType: 0; DeviceID: 02300D0010862FDD2160219075930330; DeviceName: COWON D2; UnsupportedDevice: 0
IsDrive: 1; DriveLetter: K:; DrivePath: ; MainDriveLetter: K:
IsJanusCapable: 0; IsIpod:
SupportsAlbumArt: ; AlbumArtEnabled: 1; CoverArtTagRule: ; SaveCoverArtToFolderJPG:
SupportedFileTypes: *
ContextMenus:
MemoryTypes:
InstallURL:
ImageName: Storage Card
RootBasePath:
AudioBasePath: Music\[Album Artist (Custom)]\[Album]\
PlaylistBasePath: ROOT\
DatabaseBasePath:

Interface Plugins:
  last.fm (Active)
  TiVo Server
  UPnP Server
  Playing Now (Active)

AoXoMoXoA

« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2007, 10:33:40 am »

I always name my files:
[Artist] - [Album] - [Track Number] - [Name]
however I keep finding files where this has gotten "messed up" somehow to:

[Artist] - [Album] - [Track Number] - [Artist] -[Album] -[Track Number] -[Name]
as shown below:
Bob Marley - Legend - 02 - Bob Marley -Legend -02 -No Woman, No Cry.mp3

These may in fact be left over from MC11, or may have been "freshly" done by MC12 as I have been occaisionally finding these in my collection from time to time for ages.
. . . the game is rigged

DWAnderson

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2007, 10:06:20 pm »

A couple of issues:

-- With recent builds the ability of two PCs to access the same library with write access at different times is being compromised by the first PC not giving up its lock on the library, even after MC has terminated and the user has logged off. In other words I'll get the message that the database must be opened as read only because the library is in use by another user-- even though this is not true.

-- With the most recent build, I am getting a "Bad Library" message show up in the episode status column when I use a UNC path as the podcast directory. This does not occur when I use a drive letter to reference the same directory on the PC. 

Never mind, I figured out both these issues related to security on all my network shares residing n a Drobo bring reset when I upgraded the Drobo Dashboard software. What a PITA!

JONCAT

« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2007, 07:41:01 am »

Browsing SD Card (on device pane mode) and selected multiple files for deletion; upon delete MC crashed.

0603672: 1692: SDK: CMJPlaybackAutomation::CMJPlaybackAutomation: Global Count: 1
0603672: 1692: SDK: CMJPlaybackAutomation::OnFinalRelease: All objects released
0603672: 1692: SDK: CMJPlaybackAutomation::~CMJPlaybackAutomation: Global Count: 0
0603672: 1692: SDK: CMJCurPlaylistAutomation::CMJCurPlaylistAutomation: Global Count: 1
0603672: 1692: SDK: CMJCurPlaylistAutomation::OnFinalRelease: All objects released
0603672: 1692: SDK: CMJCurPlaylistAutomation::~CMJCurPlaylistAutomation: Global Count: 0
0603672: 1692: SDK: CMJPlaybackAutomation::CMJPlaybackAutomation: Global Count: 1
0603672: 1692: SDK: CMJPlaybackAutomation::OnFinalRelease: All objects released
0603672: 1692: SDK: CMJPlaybackAutomation::~CMJPlaybackAutomation: Global Count: 0
0604422: 1692: SDK: CMJPlaybackAutomation::CMJPlaybackAutomation: Global Count: 1
0604422: 1692: SDK: CMJPlaybackAutomation::OnFinalRelease: All objects released
0604422: 1692: SDK: CMJPlaybackAutomation::~CMJPlaybackAutomation: Global Count: 0
0604422: 1692: SDK: CMJCurPlaylistAutomation::CMJCurPlaylistAutomation: Global Count: 1
0604422: 1692: SDK: CMJCurPlaylistAutomation::OnFinalRelease: All objects released
0604422: 1692: SDK: CMJCurPlaylistAutomation::~CMJCurPlaylistAutomation: Global Count: 0
0604422: 1692: SDK: CMJPlaybackAutomation::CMJPlaybackAutomation: Global Count: 1
0604422: 1692: SDK: CMJPlaybackAutomation::OnFinalRelease: All objects released
0604422: 1692: SDK: CMJPlaybackAutomation::~CMJPlaybackAutomation: Global Count: 0
0605172: 1692: SDK: CMJPlaybackAutomation::CMJPlaybackAutomation: Global Count: 1
0605172: 1692: SDK: CMJPlaybackAutomation::OnFinalRelease: All objects released
0605172: 1692: SDK: CMJPlaybackAutomation::~CMJPlaybackAutomation: Global Count: 0
0605172: 1692: SDK: CMJCurPlaylistAutomation::CMJCurPlaylistAutomation: Global Count: 1
0605172: 1692: SDK: CMJCurPlaylistAutomation::OnFinalRelease: All objects released
0605172: 1692: SDK: CMJCurPlaylistAutomation::~CMJCurPlaylistAutomation: Global Count: 0
0605172: 1692: SDK: CMJPlaybackAutomation::CMJPlaybackAutomation: Global Count: 1
0605172: 1692: SDK: CMJPlaybackAutomation::OnFinalRelease: All objects released
0605172: 1692: SDK: CMJPlaybackAutomation::~CMJPlaybackAutomation: Global Count: 0
0605922: 1692: SDK: CMJPlaybackAutomation::CMJPlaybackAutomation: Global Count: 1
0605922: 1692: SDK: CMJPlaybackAutomation::OnFinalRelease: All objects released
0605922: 1692: SDK: CMJPlaybackAutomation::~CMJPlaybackAutomation: Global Count: 0
0605922: 1692: SDK: CMJCurPlaylistAutomation::CMJCurPlaylistAutomation: Global Count: 1
0605922: 1692: SDK: CMJCurPlaylistAutomation::OnFinalRelease: All objects released
0605922: 1692: SDK: CMJCurPlaylistAutomation::~CMJCurPlaylistAutomation: Global Count: 0
0605922: 1692: SDK: CMJPlaybackAutomation::CMJPlaybackAutomation: Global Count: 1
0605922: 1692: SDK: CMJPlaybackAutomation::OnFinalRelease: All objects released
0605922: 1692: SDK: CMJPlaybackAutomation::~CMJPlaybackAutomation: Global Count: 0
0606391: 1692: General: TopLevelExceptionFilter: Unhandled exception -- program crashing
0617282: 1692: SDK: CMJAutomation::~CMJAutomation: Global Count: 12

Media Center Registered 12.0.318 -- C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 12\

AMD Unknown 2990 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 2096 MB, Free - 1341 MB

Burning /  Drive D: PLEXTOR  DVDR   PX-716AL    Addr: 0:0:0  Speed:17  MaxSpeed:17  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive J: LITE-ON  DVDRW SHW-1635S    Addr: 3:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes

Interface Plugins:
  last.fm (Active)
  TiVo Server
  UPnP Server
  Playing Now (Active)

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2007, 10:39:47 am »

Been getting lots of random Podcast download failures with 318.  The episode will download, the file will show as the 'temporary' filename, and the podcast icon will become the 'missing file'
  • .  Re downloads result in the same behavior.  The only way to get the episode is to manually download it and then modify the filename in MC to match the manually downloaded file name/location.  This has no happened to several of my feeds so I no longer think it is a feed issue.

TreeFrog77

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2007, 11:33:01 am »

Plugging in iPod causes MC to crash without reason (I have MC set to Autosync on connect).  I tried renaming the iTunesDB file on the iPod, but all that did was cause MC to ask if I wanted to initialize, I said yes, and after a few moments, it crashed again.  I have reverted back to 12.0.301 and it is syncing again just fine.

Here is the sys info (this is from .301 as I forgot to do it before I downgraded):

Media Center Registered 12.0.301 -- F:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 12\

Microsoft Windows 2000 5.0 Service Pack 4 (Build 2195)
AMD Athlon 1659 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 490 MB, Free - 147 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81.4968 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2800 / Shell32.dll: 5.0.3900 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   No CD drives found.
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  No burners found.
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: No /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: No

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:

Device info dump for 'Apple iPod Video (H:)':

WMDMName: Removable Disk (H:)
DeviceUID: 0x890CF46A
CanonicalName:
VendorName: ; VendorID: 1452
ProductID: 4617; FirmwareVersion: 1.62
WMDMSerialNumber: NULL
DeviceType: 3; DeviceID: 8K705C7HV9R; DeviceName: Apple iPod; UnsupportedDevice: 0
IsDrive: 1; DriveLetter: H:; DrivePath: ; MainDriveLetter: H:
IsJanusCapable: ; IsIpod: 1
SupportsAlbumArt: 1; AlbumArtEnabled: 1; CoverArtTagRule: ; SaveCoverArtToFolderJPG:
SupportedFileTypes: mp3;wav;mp4;aa;m4a;m4b;m4p;aiff;aif;bmp;jpg;jpeg;gif;tif;tiff;png;sgi;psd;mov;m4v
ContextMenus: Delete
MemoryTypes: Internal Memory
InstallURL:
ImageName: Apple iPod Video (black)
RootBasePath:
AudioBasePath: Music\[Artist]\[Album]\
PlaylistBasePath: ROOT\
DatabaseBasePath:
ChangeKeyExpression: If(IsEqual([Media Type], Image),,[Rating][Composer][Date Modified])

Interface Plugins:
  last.fm (Active)
  TiVo Server (Active/Enabled)
  UPnP Server (Active/Enabled)

... and this is from .318's log right up before the crash...

0019875: 1488: Handheld: CActionWindowPageHHProgress::UpdateUI: Start
0019875: 1488: Handheld: CHHUploadWorker::GetProgressInformation: Start
0019875: 1488: Handheld: CHHUploadWorker::GetProgressInformation: Progress: 0.000000 of 6.200000 units of work finished
0019875: 1488: Handheld: CHHUploadWorker::GetProgressInformation: Finish (0 ms)
0019875: 1488: Handheld: CActionWindowPageHHProgress::UpdateUI: Finish (0 ms)
0020875: 1488: Handheld: CActionWindowPageHHProgress::UpdateUI: Start
0020875: 1488: Handheld: CHHUploadWorker::GetProgressInformation: Start
0020875: 1488: Handheld: CHHUploadWorker::GetProgressInformation: Progress: 0.000000 of 6.200000 units of work finished
0020875: 1488: Handheld: CHHUploadWorker::GetProgressInformation: Finish (0 ms)
0020875: 1488: Handheld: CActionWindowPageHHProgress::UpdateUI: Finish (0 ms)
0021797: 2024: Database: CMediaFileIOSave::Load: Saving: G:\Cyberdude's Documents\My Music\JRiver Library\field (filename).jmd
0021828: 2024: Reader: CLocalReader::OpenInternal: Opening: G:\Cyberdude's Documents\My Music\JRiver Library\field (filename).jmd
0021828: 2024: Reader: CLocalReader::Close: Closing: G:\Cyberdude's Documents\My Music\JRiver Library\field (filename).jmd
0021875: 1488: Handheld: CActionWindowPageHHProgress::UpdateUI: Start
0021875: 1488: Handheld: CHHUploadWorker::GetProgressInformation: Start
0021875: 1488: Handheld: CHHUploadWorker::GetProgressInformation: Progress: 0.000000 of 6.200000 units of work finished
0021875: 1488: Handheld: CHHUploadWorker::GetProgressInformation: Finish (0 ms)
0021875: 1488: Handheld: CActionWindowPageHHProgress::UpdateUI: Finish (0 ms)
0022875: 1488: Handheld: CActionWindowPageHHProgress::UpdateUI: Start
0022875: 1488: Handheld: CHHUploadWorker::GetProgressInformation: Start
0022875: 1488: Handheld: CHHUploadWorker::GetProgressInformation: Progress: 0.000000 of 6.200000 units of work finished
0022875: 1488: Handheld: CHHUploadWorker::GetProgressInformation: Finish (0 ms)
0022875: 1488: Handheld: CActionWindowPageHHProgress::UpdateUI: Finish (0 ms)
0023343: 2024: Handheld: CHHPluginThread::ProcessCommand: Start
0023343: 392: Handheld: CHHPluginThread::Thread Message Processing: Start
0023343: 392: Handheld: CHHPluginThread::Thread Message Processing: Type: 0, Function: 2
0023343: 392: Handheld: CHHPluginThread::Thread Message Processing: Command = 1027
0023343: 392: Handheld: CHHPluginThread::Thread Message Processing: Finish (0 ms)
0023343: 2024: Handheld: CHHPluginThread::ProcessCommand: Finish (0 ms)
0023343: 2024: Handheld: CHHPluginThread::ProcessCommand: Start
0023343: 392: Handheld: CHHPluginThread::Thread Message Processing: Start
0023343: 392: Handheld: CHHPluginThread::Thread Message Processing: Type: 0, Function: 2
0023343: 392: Handheld: CHHPluginThread::Thread Message Processing: Command = 1032
0023343: 392: Handheld: CHHPluginThread::Thread Message Processing: Finish (0 ms)
0023359: 2024: Handheld: CHHPluginThread::ProcessCommand: Finish (16 ms)
0023359: 1488: Handheld: CHHUploadWorker::NotifyStartFinished: Start
0023375: 1488: Handheld: CHHUploadWorker::StartNextDownload: Start
0023375: 1488: Handheld: CHHUploadWorker::StartNextDownload: Downloading file 749
0023375: 1488: General: CNDownloadQueue::AddFile: Start
0023375: 1488: General: TopLevelExceptionFilter: Unhandled exception -- program crashing

ProblemChild

• Junior Woodchuck
  • But I don't wanna be the same as everybody else...
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2007, 03:03:53 pm »

I am also having problems w/crashing periodically - the iPod is plugged in, connected, I go to do some other work, then try to return to the iPod via its icon and get an app error: I started logging last time - here is what seems relevant. This time I hadn't done anything for over an hour though MC was running and the iPod connected. I returned to the computer, clicked the iPod icon in MC and...
app error @instruction 1004575d trying to read 0x01c18348.
Here's what seemed to be relevant, or at least what seems to be the start of what I was trying to do to the end of the log file.

62654750: 896: General: CJRReportCtrl::OnPaint: Start
62654766: 896: General: CJRReportCtrl::OnPaint: Finish (16 ms)
62654781: 896: General: CJRReportCtrl::OnPaint: Start
62654781: 896: General: CJRReportCtrl::OnPaint: Finish (0 ms)
62654922: 896: General: CMainUIWnd::SetMCView: Start
62654922: 896: General: CMainUIWnd::SetMCView: View info name: Mark's iPod (G:)
62654938: 896: General: CMainUIWnd::SetMCView: Destroying old view
62655047: 896: General: CMJFileListCtrl::OnDestroy: Start
62655078: 896: General: CMJFileListCtrl::OnDestroy: Finish (31 ms)
62655094: 896: General: CMainUIWnd::SetMCView: Creating new view
62655094: 896: General: CMCViewContainerWnd::Create: Start
62655110: 896: General: CMCViewContainerWnd::Create: Creating window
62655110: 896: General: CMCViewContainerWnd::Create: Initializing
62655156: 896: General: CViewHeaderWnd::Initialize: Start
62655188: 896: General: CHandheldViewHeaderWnd::GetDefaultImage: Start
62655235: 896: Handheld: CHHManager::GetDeviceImageFilename: Start
62655281: 896: Handheld: CHHManager::GetDeviceImageFilename [internal]: Start
62655328: 896: Handheld: CHHManager::GetDeviceImageFilename [internal]: Finish (47 ms)
62655328: 896: Handheld: CHHManager::GetDeviceImageFilename: Finish (93 ms)
62655344: 896: General: CHandheldViewHeaderWnd::GetDefaultImage: Finish (156 ms)
62655344: 896: General: CViewHeaderWnd::Initialize: Finish (188 ms)
62655360: 896: General: CMCViewContainerWnd::Create: Performing layout
62655360: 896: General: CMCViewContainerWnd::Create: Finish (266 ms)
62655375: 896: General: CMainUIWnd::SetMCView: Loading view
62655375: 896: General: CMCHandheldViewInfo::GetFiles: Start
62655375: 896: Handheld: CHHManager::GetFilesFromDevice: Start
62655438: 896: Handheld: CHHManager::GetFilesFromDevice: Finish (63 ms)
62655531: 896: General: CMCHandheldViewInfo::GetFiles: Finish (156 ms)
62655547: 896: General: CMJSearchWnd::UpdatePanes: Start
62655578: 896: General: CJRReportCtrlLayout::LayoutControl::Layout: Start
62655594: 896: General: CJRReportCtrlLayout::LayoutControl::Layout: Finish (16 ms)
62655610: 896: General: CJRReportCtrlLayout::LayoutControl::UpdateScrollbars: Start
62655610: 896: General: CJRReportCtrlLayout::LayoutControl::UpdateScrollbars: Finish (0 ms)
62655672: 896: General: CJRReportCtrlLayout::LayoutControl::Layout: Start
62655688: 896: General: CJRReportCtrlLayout::LayoutControl::Layout: Finish (16 ms)
62655688: 896: General: CJRReportCtrlLayout::LayoutControl::UpdateScrollbars: Start
62655703: 896: General: CJRReportCtrlLayout::LayoutControl::UpdateScrollbars: Finish (15 ms)
62655703: 896: General: CMJSearchWnd::UpdatePanes: Finish (156 ms)
62655719: 896: General: CMJFileListCtrl::StartFileInsertion: Start
62655735: 896: General: CMJFileListCtrl::StartFileInsertion: Finish (16 ms)
62680719: 896: General: CMainUIWnd::SetMCView: Finish (25797 ms)
62686391: 896: General: TopLevelExceptionFilter: Unhandled exception -- program crashing

AoXoMoXoA

« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2007, 08:09:30 am »

1- Select a group of files
2- right click, select "Library Tools - Convert Format"
3- change encoder and settings
4- click OK
MC jumps to the first Tab rather than staying in the tab with the files to be converted.
This has been consistant and reproducable.
. . . the game is rigged

joa_mb190

• Recent member
  • bubba
« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2007, 09:01:12 am »

Hi!
I miss a "hourglass cursor" or another notify as MC is still working when search progress i going on.

I have near 600Gb (50 000 files in Flac and mp3 files) and during the search you dont know when MC search is done, I'ts ok when computer i fast but on a slow one you really need that function.

Is there a possibility to get this in MC?

I also missing a skin view like MediaMonkey check http://www.raukarna.com/download/mediamonkey.jpg
in this view you can directly click on titel and what will be played, Its really nice.

I set that on my want list, perhaps I'll get that to Chrismas?

best regards / Jonas

richard.e.morton

• World Citizen
« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2007, 10:12:00 am »

Hi,

Just found something. Been clearing up my library and adding coverart, fixing track listings etc. Then tried to submit this back to YADB. It works fine except for m4a files. Quicktime is installed and does successfully play the file and alter tags. Is this a known behaviour?

Thanks

Rich
Media Center 12 with Girder and Netremote
Windows XP Pro SP2
Tranquil T2e
Via SP13000
2x500GB in RAID1
Testing AJAX Web-I/F
Humax DVB PVR-9600T
Denon ADV-1000
Celestion F-Series Speakers

olarte

• World Citizen
« Reply #49 on: September 15, 2007, 09:58:22 pm »

There is a small bug that I've noticed in several builds of MC regarding Cover Art, copy first file (to clip board).

WHen I do this, and paste it into a graphics program like Hypersnap or Paintshop pro, the image that is pasted seems to have a vertical line of about 3-4 pixels from the left, show up on the right of the pasted image. Kind of like a wrap around effect.

I thought it was a but in Paintshop Pro, but it is also happening in Hypersnap, so I think it's a problem with MC itself.

So the resulting coverart image looks weird. I have to either get a fresh copy from Amazon, or cut off the extra pixels from the right, and resize the image.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up