INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center  (Read 895 times)

mellowman

Media Center
« on: September 05, 2007, 09:29:37 pm »

Hello,

Recently, whenever I play a file in MC12, the whole thing crashes.  I have tried backing up the library, uninstalling, and reinstalling, but that hasn't worked.  I even resorted to using WMP, but oddly enough, the same thing happens there!  What is going on?  Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Media Center
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2007, 09:50:03 pm »

A bad DirectShow filter is a possible cause.  Search for CCCP here.  Check the FAQ on DirectShow (near the bottom).

More details would help.

mellowman

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2007, 10:38:19 pm »

Sorry, meant to add that I'm using Vista. 

Everything worked fine up until recently.  I haven't added any major software to my system, but did notice that there were quite a few automatic updated added by Windows Update recently.

Not sure what else might be helpful...I can open up the software fine and click around, but the second I go to play a song, it crashes and the Vista dialog box comes up saying it will search for a solution.  (Yeah, right)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2007, 06:55:37 am »

What file type?  MP3?  Does it happen with every file of that type?  Do the files play in WMP?

mellowman

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2007, 11:24:55 pm »

It happens with WMA and MP3.  It even happens outside of my library when I try and play a song off of a CD.  The same thing was happening with WMP, but when I checked tonight, there mysteriously were no longer songs in my WMP library.  The songs did play off of a CD in WMP now. 

Strange things happening!  Thanks for any help you can give.
Pages: [1]   Go Up