INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What ATSC Tuner Should I Buy?  (Read 1298 times)

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
What ATSC Tuner Should I Buy?
« on: September 07, 2007, 06:45:21 pm »

I've purchased three tuners recently plus one I bought a while back.  None of them work as they should.  They all have problems or lack ATSC for various reasons.  Please tell me what ATSC digital card I should buy.  It has to support high definition video and have a good tuner.  It also MUST work very well with Media Center.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: What ATSC Tuner Should I Buy?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2007, 09:02:43 am »

A while back, the answer was simple - ATI HDTVWonder because that was the first ATSC device we supported. It is also by far the best I have tried.

Now there are more choices, many we have not tested. I am not even sure if ATI still sells ATI HDTVWonder. They probably have newer products. You can try one of them.

I just tried KWorld PlusTV HD Stick 330. It works, but not very well. The HDTV part works, but reception is not as good as my old ATI HDTVWonder - using the same antenna that came with the ATI device. The KWorld's portable antenna is much less powerful. The antenna is a big issue if you live far from the TV stations as I do (I am 25 miles from most stations, except one). I also noticed an issue with the analog portion of KWorld device. That however is easy to fix, and I will fix it soon.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up