INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: bug? - cannot import DVDs from optical media  (Read 1018 times)

rjm

• Citizen of the Universe
bug? - cannot import DVDs from optical media
« on: February 23, 2007, 11:55:15 am »

I just tried, for the first time, to import a DVD into my library that is located on  a dvd-r disc.

MC seems to do nothing when I import the ifo. MC does play the disc so I know the dvd structure is ok.

I think this is a bug because other media types import correctly from optical media.

P.S. MC correctly imports dvds into my library when the dvd is located on my hard drive.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: bug? - cannot import DVDs from optical media
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2007, 02:01:06 am »

If a DVD-R disc has the standard DVD-Video structure then MC handles it similarly like any other standard DVD-Video. It is imported automatically to the CD/DVD database. This database is not visible in the default view schemes, but you can make a new view scheme that shows it. (How-to: add All Media & CD database to the tree)

It looks like you cannot right-click import a DVD-Video (I don't know if this is disabled intentionally), but you can drag & drop a DVD-Video on the "Video" tree item (inside MC). After that it will be imported in the main database and included also in the default video schemes.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

rjm

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2007, 12:00:32 pm »

I am starting to use the MC library to track dvds stored on optical discs. (I already use MC to track dvds that are stored on my hard drive).

As Alex B points out, the only way I have found to import an optical disc dvd is to drag it from the CD Database to the Video tree item.

Would you please consider enabling the right click "Import Now" feature so that dvds are treated consistently with other media.

rjm

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2007, 01:18:18 pm »

bump...

This is still an issue for me.

To import a dvd stored on an optical disc I must drag the ifo to the video tree item.

Could you please make the standard right click "Import into Library" work for ifos on optical discs?

Also, it would be great if...
1) the size recorded in the library reflected the total size of all the dvd files as opposed to nothing as is currently implemented;
2) the duration recorded in the library reflected the total duration of the dvd as opposed to nothing as is currently implemented.
Pages: [1]   Go Up