INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Missing tags in tracks from portable cache  (Read 1027 times)

Qythyx

• Galactic Citizen
Missing tags in tracks from portable cache
« on: September 11, 2007, 07:13:57 pm »

Since my new Nano isn't supported by MC yet, I'm using iTunes for transferring. Since my library is stored in lossless WMA I just synced my existing portable conversion cache folder (which is in MP3) to my iPod. Everything transferred, but only the tracks' title show up in the iPod/iTunes, the artist name, album, cover, etc do not. Is this normal? Is there anything I can do to fix this? Is it worth the effort since MC will support the new iPods natively soon (hope, hope, hope)?

Thanks.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Missing tags in tracks from portable cache
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007, 02:43:25 am »

When you open iTunes and navigate to the MC cache folder, do you see all the other tag info for these files?  I'm wondering if it's possible that MC might be storing some of the database info in the library and not in the actual file tags when it creates the cache.  If this was the case, it could follow that you can't use the MC cache folder if you sync with another program.

I have no idea if this is on the right track or not -- I'm just throwing out an idea.

Larry

Qythyx

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Missing tags in tracks from portable cache
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 03:22:01 am »

I think you're right. Examining the cache tracks seems to show that they don't have any tags. For now I'm having iTunes convert some of the original WMA tracks to AAC, but that means I can't reuse my MC cache. No biggie, but it takes a while.
Pages: [1]   Go Up