INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New features: Rename files... and Search wizard  (Read 754 times)

park

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I wish I had more to say!
New features: Rename files... and Search wizard
« on: September 12, 2007, 10:53:57 am »

---
I just noticed the "Preview" part of the rename files tool. I think it's cool. I'd like to be able to resize the window though, so that i could see more of the preview without having to sidescroll so much.
I's also like it if I could checkbox it on and off. On my 6000 photos, the computer ground to a halt every time i typed something in, while it regenerated a new preview. I only need to see the preview when I've finished typing in the expression.

Here's hoping for a "Also rename dependent files" checkbox in the future that would also be able to rename "sidecar" xmp files and subtitle files.
---
I like the search wizard too. I havent tested it too heavily yet, but I'm a big fan of wizards to simplify things.
I'd like a basic wizard for expressions too. I know that expressions may be too complicated to do properly, but a wizard for the simplest of things, like having the "if/else" statement being broken into 2 wizard like fields; the "if" and the "else", would save me having to learn the syntax for the if function.

(eg. "if (this is true) rename the files in the following way" "otherwise (rename them like this)") would be cool.

I just had to read the wiki to find out how to rename my photos according to the values of a tag.

Great work so far though.

Pages: [1]   Go Up