INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover Art Located In Album Tracks Folder  (Read 1832 times)

Pete

• Recent member
Cover Art Located In Album Tracks Folder
« on: August 17, 2002, 12:10:46 pm »

Hi All:

I'm on the 30-day trial and have some questions. Thanks for your patience.

I pretty sure that you can't do this, but I have to ask. When I rip my CDs to disk, tracks are ripped to a created Artist-Album folder in the Shared Music folder. After they have been ripped, MJ8 goes to CDDB and gets the cover art and stores it as a tag with each of the MP3s and also puts a copy in the Shared Music folder (where I have indicated in Tools/Settings/File Names and Locations). However, it would be great if it stored the album cover art in the individual Artist-Album folders with the MP3s. If the created Artist-Album folder is created as a Music-Artist template in XP, each of the Artist-Album folders under Shared Music will have a nice full cover art display on the folder AUTOMATICALLY.

Is there any way to do this in MJ8?

Thanks.

Pete

Hans

RE:Cover Art Located In Album Tracks Folder
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2002, 02:46:06 pm »

A little related to this question, I can't get MJ to automatically show album cover jpg's that are placed in the album's directory.

Fore sure this must be possible?

Hans

Fastyves

• World Citizen
  • Let me think about it !
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2002, 01:56:25 am »

Hans,

Select all files in the album, > Properties > Image > Add > Point to the image file > Save

Now you should see the image while playing the tracks (depending of the Track Info Page you selected - of course)

Yves.

Batsy

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2002, 09:17:01 am »

I'm having the same problem.  I would rather not go through 500 of my album folders and assign the art.  Is there any automatic way to tell Media Jukebox to assign the art and songs in the same album folder together?  I've been trying to find some kind of album art rule for MJ to follow.  Has anyone been able to do this automatically instead of manually?

Hans

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2002, 03:22:54 pm »

Thanks Yves for explaining. It works but a lot of hassle indeed with 100's of albums. Also an ID3V2 tag was added to the mp3's, and that wasn't nice without warning! I suppose that can be disabled somewhere...

Actually it would amaze me if "display cover art in same directory" is not possible in MJ, with so much user feedback.

The "album list" plugin for winamp does it by default (in winamp's browser window), although it shows the cover of the last selected album from the list, not of the actual playing track.

Hans

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2002, 03:25:27 pm »

>> suppose that can be disabled somewhere...
Yes It Can
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Galley

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2002, 08:15:06 pm »

As an XP user, I always click the "artist info" button when I am done ripping the CD, so I can grab the album cover artwork and store it in the  artist\album folder as "Folder.jpg" like Windows does.  All of the artwork at AllMusic.com is already the required 200 x 200 size.
Don't forget that you can use my "Tutti Frutti for XP users" visualization template.  It will display the "Folder.jpg" image instead.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2002, 05:48:41 am »

In the next build of 8.0, if there is a single image file in the same directory as the music file, it'll automatically set it as the image file for the track.

Hope that'll do the trick :)

-Matt
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Hans

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2002, 06:26:23 am »

Well sure, sounds great! Can you still let it pick the first one (alphabetically) in case of more images in the folder?

Meanwhile, I found that the nasty writing of ID3V2 tags can be disabled by unchecking: options - general - "Update tags when file info changes". Mmm, wonder what MJ wanted to update in the first place.

Thanks for the quick response Matt.

Hans

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2002, 07:19:07 am »

Don't turn off tag updating.

Just configure the MP3 plugin in Plugin Manager.  That way, at least you'll have ID3v1 tags.

-Matt

Galley

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2002, 12:11:35 am »

So what you are saying Mat, is that the new version will look for the "Folder.jpg" we XP users have, and display it instead?  WooHoo!

ShockValue

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2002, 04:34:26 pm »

Was the cover art option supposed to be in 355, or did you mean a release AFTER that?  I just downloaded 355 and it isn't diplaying the image in my directory.

Hans

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2002, 07:23:30 pm »

Did you select Display Plugin - Track Info first ?

Here it works well, but only if there's exactly one image in the folder.

Hans

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2002, 08:17:32 pm »

It only checks for the image on import, so you'll have to reimport your files with build 355.

ShockValue

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2002, 08:51:52 pm »

Got it, works like a charm, thanks :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up