INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Smartlist problem with "Image File" tag  (Read 1785 times)

Osho

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Smartlist problem with "Image File" tag
« on: September 15, 2007, 08:07:45 am »

EDIT: Moderator, could you please move this to main MC12 forum? I started it in this forum by mistake. Sorry about that.

Hi,

I created a smartlist where one of the rules is that the Image File is not "Inside File". This smartlist does not seem to honor this rule. I get many items in this smartlist where the Image File is indeed "Inside File".

Any ideas?

thanks,
Osho

P.S. In case you are wondering what I am trying to achieve: I am trying to find out all audio files in my library which do not have cover art embedded inside the file as tags - so I can embed the cover art inside the file.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Smartlist problem with "Image File" tag
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2007, 10:09:51 am »

What is the exact smartlist rule?

Did you add the "Image File" column to the smartlist and inspect the field values?

I suppose you are aware that a smartlist search can use only the database values. It does not check the disk files for embedded images. If the files have external changes you need to get the library up-to-date first.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Osho

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2007, 05:12:28 pm »

Hi,

The Smarlist has the following three rules in this order:

1. Media Type is Audio
2. Genre is not Untagged
3. Image File is not Inside File

Image File field does show many values (file names, empty and one of the value is Inside File as well).

The matches that appear for this Smartlist already have Image File field as Inside File!

thanks,
Osho

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2007, 06:18:57 am »

For the second time today, there appears to be a little inconsistancy with the search wizard.
The "inside file" option available in the search wizard is not working at all.
the "contains" option is working, but after saving the search, and then clicking the edit button, MC changes "contains" to [equals].

Here are two work arounds for now:
A long time ago now, I created an audio workshop viewscheme to help me manage coverart...

The cover art pane is a search list that contains the following searches:
External - [media type]=audio -[Image File]=[] [Image File]=.,\
None - [media type]=audio [Image File]=[]
Inside File - [media type]=audio -[Image File]=.,\,[]

If you just want a smartlist that shows all files with external art, then click on the wizard's import button and paste the following: [Media Type]="audio" [Image File]="." -[Image File]=[]
Note that when you click OK, the wizard will show "Image File IS ." Change "is" back to "contains" and click OK.

-marko.

olarte

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2007, 10:26:30 am »

Is threre some documenation on how to use search or calculated fields in MC to search, or change tag information?

It seems to be a very powerful tool but without good documenation and samples, it can also be very dangerous to use.

Thanks in advance.

Osho

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2007, 11:12:41 am »

Is threre some documenation on how to use search or calculated fields in MC to search, or change tag information?

Try J RIver wiki. I remember seeing more documentation about this in it but I am not 100% sure.

OSho

olarte

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2007, 05:01:07 pm »

Try J RIver wiki. I remember seeing more documentation about this in it but I am not 100% sure.

OSho

Thanks Osho, I did not know this existed... 

For others, here is the link http://wiki.jrmediacenter.com/index.php/Main_Page#Using_J._River_MEDIA_CENTER
Pages: [1]   Go Up