INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Remote Sync?  (Read 2370 times)

Ken Brookings

• World Citizen
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Remote Sync?
« on: September 15, 2007, 10:21:42 pm »

I want to be able to sync my ipod from a remote location using the Internet.  I use Go To My PC to remotely make playlists and manipulate my libraries from my laptop controlling MC program hosted on my home PC, (this works very well) but then want to sync the ipod from the laptop too.

Anybody know how to do this?

thanks much,
Ken

RiderFan

Re: Remote Sync?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007, 05:09:37 pm »

You could connect via Library server. Then sync. I do this on my LAN. It should work over the inernet, it would just be slow, as each song that is being synced would have to be downloaded first, then uploaded to your ipod.

Ken Brookings

• World Citizen
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2007, 01:53:01 pm »

You could connect via Library server. Then sync. I do this on my LAN. It should work over the inernet, it would just be slow, as each song that is being synced would have to be downloaded first, then uploaded to your ipod.
Thanks Riderfan, I'll investigate that.  I know it would be slow but I can live with that.  We have summer and winter homes and my music server is just in one of them, of course.  So mostly its making up new playlists and moving things around that are already on the drive - only a small amount of moving new files onto the ipod.
Thanks,

RiderFan

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2007, 02:47:49 pm »

The only problem with the library server, is it is read only. So, any changes that you make on the client side, will not change anything on the server. If you are looking to remote manage your MC on your server, the maybe look at something like Real VNC, where you can take control of a remote computer. The MC library server is only good for listening to your music.

Ken Brookings

• World Citizen
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2007, 06:26:28 pm »

I've been managing my MC library remotely using Go To My PC.  Works fine.
But I can't figure out how sync once I make library cahnges.  I can see my library on my laptop from the remote location but can't figure out to sync the ipod from the laptop from a remote location; whether using Go To My PC or other technique.
Pages: [1]   Go Up