INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Logitech Squeezebox, anyone?  (Read 1401 times)

okvaal

• Galactic Citizen
  • Appreciate your life
Logitech Squeezebox, anyone?
« on: September 17, 2007, 12:06:56 pm »

Any experiences to share when it comes to using Media Center along with Logitech Squeezebox, or do I really have to convert to Windows Media Player after 4 or so happy years with MC? So I just start with asking if anyone has any experience here at all, and then I'll go on from there . . . . .

cheers,
ole k

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Sorry, I'll have to try again - Logitech Squeezebox, anyone?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2007, 12:12:58 pm »

Please try a search on squeezebox here.

okvaal

• Galactic Citizen
  • Appreciate your life
Re: Logitech Squeezebox, anyone?
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2007, 01:28:54 pm »

Thanks a lot. It made me realize that perhaps I won't need to start using WMP at all (what a relief). But then, I guess, if I got my home network set up right, MC12 should also be able to access the media library from my original PC, should it?

cheers,
ole k

mesue

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2007, 09:57:24 pm »

MC12 and SlimServer can share the same music files. They don't really interact with each other all that well but they co-exist just fine. No need for WMP at all. SlimServer can connect to MC's UPnP music server, but it is new and still a bit flaky at this stage, at least for me. When it decides to work, I use it to access my smartlists in MC, and when it doesn't work, I just use the standard SlimServer GUI. I kind of have a love/hate relationship with my Squeezebox because it doesn't integrate with MC as much as I'd like. More love than hate, since I have not found a better solution yet.
Sue

okvaal

• Galactic Citizen
  • Appreciate your life
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2007, 03:25:57 am »

MC12 and SlimServer can share the same music files. They don't really interact with each other all that well but they co-exist just fine. No need for WMP at all. SlimServer can connect to MC's UPnP music server, but it is new and still a bit flaky at this stage, at least for me. When it decides to work, I use it to access my smartlists in MC, and when it doesn't work, I just use the standard SlimServer GUI. I kind of have a love/hate relationship with my Squeezebox because it doesn't integrate with MC as much as I'd like. More love than hate, since I have not found a better solution yet.
Thanks a lot for your reply, mesue. Exactly what I wanted to hear. I'll head for the shop to buy myself a squeezebox today, then. Is a thing like "use it to access my smartlists in MC" a fairly simple thing to do, or does it take some degree of techincal insight?  ?

thanks again,
ole k

mesue

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2007, 10:25:54 am »

This thread explains how I got it set up: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=41706.0

Once it is set up, it is just a matter of... is SlimServer going to see the MC today or not? When it works, Media Center will show up as a browse option in SlimServer, and you can load music through the SlimServer browser interface. On the player, I can only browse MC's library, but it won't queue the songs, so I have to use the browser interface.
Sue

okvaal

• Galactic Citizen
  • Appreciate your life
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2007, 10:59:51 am »

Although I haven't bought my Squeezebox yet (I will tomorrow), this seems to be exactly what I was looking for. (That is, some sort of confirmation that I will still be able to use MC as my choice of media player. Yes, I DID have a look at WMP last night, only to get further convinced that MC is miles ahead.) I missed it at my first search for "squeezebox" here . . . I guess I still haven't configured my network settings 100 %, but I'm getting there. I really appreciate your input. Thanks a lot.

ole k
Pages: [1]   Go Up