INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater view last played markers  (Read 673 times)

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Theater view last played markers
« on: September 16, 2007, 06:40:00 pm »

We are finding with our home theater pc that a great feature addition would be some revamped marker for previously played content.  I have the video folder setup with custom search strings so we can quickly locate content.  The categories, generally, are Movies, Music, Home, and an entry for each television show.

Now consider a television series.  If someone starts watching season 5 disc 3, a Television Show, "TS 5.3" and then stop it, the PC returns to the theater view home screen where the monitor can shut off.  This is how we leave it when not in use (unable to use standby at this point).  If no one else views any content, the play button overlay stays on "TS 5.3" and the person can quickly locate the last viewed disc.  However, if someone else starts some content, the play button disappears.

First, I'm not sure of a good solution for this issue so does anyone have any suggestions?
Second, one of my suggestions would be to simply add additional play buttons that would simply overlay over the past 2, 3, 5 + items that were played.  It could even be a different play button that would indicate recently played.
Third, another suggestions would be to include a single play button on each view.  This would be very strange and confusing but I guess if it was used with the search string list like I use, it would add a play button under each search string.
-- So if a user selects Movies, there would be a play button on the most recently played movie.
-- Under Television Show, there would be a play button on the most recently played show disc.

It would condense to being a single play button under each search item.

Any other ideas or solutions?  The big problem is remembering where a person left off on a television disc, especially when there are 10 seasons or more for a show!
Pages: [1]   Go Up