INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Few General Newbie Questions  (Read 1089 times)

mlsterben

A Few General Newbie Questions
« on: September 17, 2007, 01:18:16 am »

I just got J River and would like to ask how to set a few things. First, is there a way so when I pick a song, it doesn't automatically go to "Playing Now"? (So it performs like iTunes) Is there also a way to have the menu jump to the next song played, instead of forcing me to fish around for it? Finally, when I have it minimized, and I then minimize or close another window (in Firefox, for example) the media player will refill the screen. Is there a way to disable that? Other than that, this is a great music player.  :)

eba

• Galactic Citizen
Re: A Few General Newbie Questions
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2007, 04:36:21 pm »

oooh, oooh, I know this one...if I understand you right...

Think I understand what you mean by the first question:
Sounds like you've got Jump on Play set to Playing Now (always) - take a look under Tools -> Options -> General -> Behaviour.

Not quite sure if I know what you mean by the second:
When you go to Playing Now from another view it does jump to where it's currently at, but if you, say, use the search box and then cancel it, it doesn't, which I have recently been finding quite frustrating as I have been wading randomly through my entire library...
You can use the quick search (Ctrl-Q) to find the playing song.
EDIT: It's funny how something can annoy me for ages but I won't actually look for a solution until someone else asks for it...actually just pressing F5 to refresh will take it back to the currently playing track.

Quite sure I don't understand what you mean by the third:
But you could try Tools -> Options -> General -> Interface -> Minimize to System Tray which is most useful.
I have been having trouble with the latest build getting confused as to whether it's got the focus or not.  Not sure whether this is an MC bug, a Windows Vista bug, or a Ben's computer oddity.  Most probly the latter.

Hope this helps :)
Ben.  (My boss, never having heard of the cartoon, keeps calling me Mr Benn, much to my workmate's amusement - then again, we've also got a Michael Knight working there too).

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2007, 01:22:23 am »

Mr Ben was great!! :)
then again, we've also got a Michael Knight working there too
No google allowed OK?.....
Can you remember Michael Knight's boss' name? :D

skeeterfood

• Citizen of the Universe
  • We're all just food for the skeeters.
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2007, 02:25:05 pm »

Devin something or other?

-John

eba

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2007, 02:39:27 pm »

I should know that as someone mentioned it the other day, to which I'm afraid I think they received a blank look.  Don't think I ever paid enough attention to the actual storylines to pick up any such details.
Pages: [1]   Go Up