INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ripping from cd back to Jukebox  (Read 1157 times)

jiminkansas66205

• Recent member
Ripping from cd back to Jukebox
« on: September 20, 2007, 06:58:22 pm »

I lost everything earlier this year because of having to have computer rebuilt. I recently downloaded the MJ8. I ripped all of the music I had on cd's back to my computer. There were a few, that when the last song on the cd was finished, a warning popped up and told me that there was a failure to read sector and a specific sector number was given. Also, says "Incorrect Function", would I like to keep trying further tracks. Yes or No.  After this occurred, the last song on the cd was not copied back to the Jukebox. What is causing this and can it be corrected without a lot of work?

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Ripping from cd back to Jukebox
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2007, 05:14:32 am »

What is causing this and can it be corrected without a lot of work?

There may be issues with the CD.

Make sure they are not scrached, smuged, or have dust on them.

I however have never seen that message.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

jiminkansas66205

• Recent member
Re: Ripping from cd back to Jukebox
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 02:25:34 pm »

The problem is not because of a smudged or dirty CD. I made a backup CD for all of my "originals" and the same thing happened using the backup. I have also made a copy to use in my other vehicle...same thing happened when I used it to rip the particular song to the computer. I have also made cd's for a friend and I still have them.....I used that CD to try to rip the song to the computer.......same thing. So I am pretty sure it's not a cd problem. What about when I originally burned the music onto cd's? Would there have been a problem in the "finalization" of the disc that the program does? I used 600MB disks and I made sure that there was enough space left to finish the recording. I read somewhere that there has to be at least 4MB left for "finalization", which I did. I burned 25 cd's and this situation occurred on 8 of them........so it didn't on every one of them. Thanks

jiminkansas66205

• Recent member
Re: Ripping from cd back to Jukebox [solved]
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2007, 10:09:17 pm »

My mistake...duh...........the disks I used to copy onto are 700MB, not 600MB.
Pages: [1]   Go Up