INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Flac plugin and importing tags  (Read 1544 times)

onlyelliot

• Recent member
Flac plugin and importing tags
« on: September 21, 2007, 10:24:14 pm »

Hi, I recently started using Media Center and have a small question about the flac plugin.  I have a large number of files with non standard tag fields which don't seem to get imported into Media Center, is this a limitation of the flac plugin, or Media Center's id tag support? Any info you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Flac plugin and importing tags
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2007, 01:55:51 am »

That depends on what you mean by "non-standard".

If your tags are in the standard format, but the field names are "non-standard" you are lucky because only the FLAC decoder plugin supports writing and reading custom tag field names exactly as the fields are named inside MC's database. You just need to create matching library fields with the same names first. (Tools > Options > Library & Folders > User Library Fields > Add field...)

If the tagging format is something else than the standard "Vorbis/FLAC comments" (e.g. ID3) you are probably out of luck.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

onlyelliot

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 12:31:29 am »

well, the field is what is non-standard, i'm pretty sure it uses standard flac-vorbis tags.  I can see the tags just fine, under the Id-Tag part of the file properties, which I think I can see because of dbpoweramp.  Does anyone have experience importing tags from non-standard fields? Any other ideas of what I can do?

onlyelliot

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 01:11:27 am »

Ok, I believe i figured out what was happening, the problem was that I didn't add the field to media center until after the file was imported.  Then no matter what i did, it would update it the field from the tag, but if i moved the file, then imported it again, it would correctly import the field from its tag.  Now, the only other problem I haven't solved is that the I have some songs with 2 different cover art images attached, how do i choose which one media center imports?

scthom

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2007, 08:13:58 pm »

The flac plugin will use only the first type 3 Cover Art (front) it finds.  I believe the flac format should limit you to just one of these.  The format allows 19 other image types that can also be embedded.
Pages: [1]   Go Up