INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Pic] Strange DVD & 1TB File?  (Read 688 times)

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
[Pic] Strange DVD & 1TB File?
« on: September 22, 2007, 01:50:09 am »

Below is an image showing the strange DVD file that gets imported into MC everytime I scan my Video directory.  I have tried narrowing it down by importing subdirectories individually but it seems to appear randomly.

Since I was posting an image, I decided to show this strange Firefox file I found.  I've been waiting for a good chance to show everyone.  The upper image is my XP workstation viewing it over the network and the second is my Vista server showing the same file.  Yes, that is a 943 GB file!  I have no idea how it got there, either.  I was using Firefox and restarted the server.  I know this isn't a good idea because I store the profile on the server.  But, nothing bad ever seems to happen.  Later that day--probably 5 hours later--I notice the free space on my array is much lower!  80% used or so!  Then I started viewing properties for the top-level folders (Music, Video, Users) and noticed that Users was gigantic!  Nothing, except Video, should exceed a terabyte!  Users was right at a terabyte.  So I start digging around and viola!

Assuming this was created when I think it was, that was only 5 hours for it to create such a file!  Now that I look at this, too bad I can't see the time field more.  8/19/2007 10:28 AM/PM?  If it was AM then my theory would be likely correct.  I guess I didn't save enough information.

I deleted the file, by the way....immediately.

Pages: [1]   Go Up