INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using DSP with transfers to Ipod (or other handhelds)  (Read 1130 times)

jack wallstreet

• Citizen of the Universe
Using DSP with transfers to Ipod (or other handhelds)
« on: September 22, 2007, 05:27:14 pm »

Is it possible to control the audio volume level (adding a fixed level to replay gain) or controlling the "gap" between songs that is available with DSP?  I thought DSP settings transferred to the Ipod, but my tests seem to indicate it only works for burning.  I could use some wise advice.
John

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Using DSP with transfers to Ipod (or other handhelds)
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 09:01:09 am »

DSP is not applied during upload or conversion for a handheld.

iPod supports a Replay Gain like system (which MC uploads), but otherwise DSP is left to the device.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

jack wallstreet

Re: Using DSP with transfers to Ipod (or other handhelds)
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 09:51:22 pm »

Thank you.

Ok.  For those who may be interested out there, here is what I propose as my solution to wanting at least one Ipod with a higher gain than others - to overcome a weak system that I use to amplifiy its output.

I will use MP3Gain (the program) to apply a high base normalization (that is still replay gain compliant).   I will then let MC12 run its own replay gain calcs and let it automatically apply those settings in the field used by Soundcheck.  For all my Ipods other than the one for which I want a high gain, I will then turn soundcheck on so it reads the MC12 settings.  For the other Ipod (where I want a high output, but still normalized), I will turn soundcheck OFF on the Ipod where it will see the files normalized by MP3Gain.

Hopefully this is helpful to others.
John
Pages: [1]   Go Up