INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Netflix Alternative?  (Read 1815 times)

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Netflix Alternative?
« on: September 22, 2007, 06:27:30 pm »

Are there any Netflix-like systems out there that allow people to actually buy the movies?  I want the convenience of Netflix for having a Queue but I want to pay more and actually purchase to keep the movies.  I know they sell movies for $5.99 ... which are used.  My first question is: has anyone bought these movies?  Are they all scratched up or do they clean them up?

I use Your Music which is exactly what I want but they limit people to one per month automatically, lol.  I have asked them if they would offer a higher-rate plan.  I like regular deliveries of movies and CDs because it keeps me entertained but ALSO, it helps limit spending each month to a set limit.

I don't like Netflix alone because it is simply a rental service.  I want to purchase to own.  For the typical monthly fee of 3 at a time--$16 or so--I could get 2 or maybe even three movies to own.

datdude

• MC Beta Team
Re: Netflix Alternative?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2007, 01:32:17 am »

Maybe blockbuster?
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

skeeterfood

• We're all just food for the skeeters.
Re: Netflix Alternative?
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2007, 01:34:18 pm »

My first question is: has anyone bought these movies?  Are they all scratched up or do they clean them up?

I bought my wife Hitch last year for Valentine's day (she loved it in the theater) from Netflix.  Came in the original case with all the artwork, etc.  Looked brand new.

-John
Pages: [1]   Go Up