INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Option to automatically keep handheld always up to date?  (Read 1217 times)

aatreya

• World Citizen
Option to automatically keep handheld always up to date?
« on: September 22, 2007, 07:42:35 pm »

I've set up MC to treat a folder on my hard drive as a "handheld device", which I separately keep synchronized with my windows mobile device.  As of right now, I have to first tell media center to synchronize itself to the hard drive folder, and then synchronize that folder with the windows mobile device.

Since the "handheld device" is just a folder on the hard drive, I would like to set up MC so that whenever one of the synced playlists changes, it'll automatically update the folder on the drive.  Even an automatic sync every X minutes would be fine... i just don't want to have to manually sync every time something changes.

(I've tried using MC to sync directly with the pocket pc, but have decided not to do this anymore.  The reasons are beyond the scope of this post.)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Option to automatically keep handheld always up to date?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 08:54:01 am »

There's already the option to automatically sync each time MC is run.  Could that work?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

aatreya

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 09:57:43 am »

Well, I've actually already got that enabled.  However, I like to keep the most recently played songs synchronized to my phone and typically keep MC running for days at a time.  What would really be helpful is if there were a way to, say, recheck the sync list every 15 minutes and re-synchronize if necessary.

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 10:09:16 am »

This is similar to my suggestion/request to add synchronizations to the scheduler.
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=40697.0

aatreya

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2007, 07:10:57 am »

Any ideas?

leezer3

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2007, 09:53:21 am »

I'd be in favour in principle for a feature like this, but surely it can't be too hard to restart MC12 occasionally  ;D
You could probably find some sort of 3rd party script to do it too if you're feeling fancy.

-Leezer-
Pages: [1]   Go Up