INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Converting APE to Apple Lossless... Best Way?  (Read 1801 times)

Health Nut

• World Citizen
Converting APE to Apple Lossless... Best Way?
« on: September 23, 2007, 12:36:45 am »

Hi,

Just wondering what the best way to convert my APE lossless to APPLE Lossless.  My music collection is in the APE lossless format and I need to convert it to Apple Lossless to store on my new 160 GB iPOD for the Car....

Thanks,

Chris

Marc

• World Citizen
  • Filthy Monkey
Re: Converting APE to Apple Lossless... Best Way?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2007, 09:42:08 am »

During my abortive attempt at switching to a Mac, I found this software:

Max

It runs on OSX and isn't intuitive, but it does utilize multiple processors (faster for converting large collections) and it does flawlessly convert APE files to ALAC.

Only problem is you gotta have a Mac to run it.

Good luck,

Marc
THAT's what I'm talking about.

edbro

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2007, 10:05:05 am »

I don't know about the "best" way but, you could always convert ape to wav then use iTunes to convert wav to Apple lossless.

bbrip

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 04:54:41 pm »

Slight warning about using MAX: A friend of mine had trouble with it and found that after conversion a lot of files have clicks - so I'd wait until the developer has addressed this.

Under windows, dbpoweramp seems to work fine - as far as my testing is concerned.

However, you should know that MC12 does not support coverart display for ALAC files, so in case you use MC12 for playback at home (like me) you are stuck here.....

bbrip

m1abrams

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2007, 06:55:28 pm »

dbpoweramp is also handy at this task.  Warning though the free version dumps all the converted files into one folder, have to pay for it to place it in an organized folder structure.

kiwi

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Don't worry, be happy...
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2007, 09:53:17 pm »

Slight warning about using MAX: A friend of mine had trouble with it and found that after conversion a lot of files have clicks - so I'd wait until the developer has addressed this.

Under windows, dbpoweramp seems to work fine - as far as my testing is concerned.

However, you should know that MC12 does not support coverart display for ALAC files, so in case you use MC12 for playback at home (like me) you are stuck here.....

bbrip

I was wondering about that... a whole bunch of my files have little clicks in them  ?

I guess I'll try DB...

-a
Pages: [1]   Go Up