INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3 hours to transfer 3 songs?  (Read 1318 times)

Rink Rat

3 hours to transfer 3 songs?
« on: September 26, 2007, 07:57:07 am »

I'm new to MC and have used Itunes for all my ipod needs before.I had a 5th gen 30gb that worked fine and then I sold it last week & bought a 160gb classic.Well I couldn't get itunes to see it and then I found MC and was thinking great i'm back in the game so, I download the trial version and hook my classic up and MC can definitely see it so i'm thinking i'm in the clear.Then I try to transfer a whole cd with 12 tracks @ 320kb's I rip everything @ 320.So these 12 tracks are on my computer,no web browser was open,using the standard usb cord apple supplies and 3 songs take about 3 hours to transfer.Is there some setting within MC that I need to alter?Same computer with itunes and my 5th gen 30gb ipod I could load that sucker in a few hours,so i'm stumped and need a little advice from you MC power users.Hopefully i've given you enough info on my 2 situations so you can dispense sone advice to a MC noob.

thanks in advance,
     Manny

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: 3 hours to transfer 3 songs?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2007, 08:13:31 am »

Something isn't right.  Are you using MC 12.0.329 (the latest)?

Try a reboot.  Try killing the apple software running in the background.

olarte

• World Citizen
Re: 3 hours to transfer 3 songs?
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2007, 11:29:44 am »

;) Hi Manny, welcome to the boards.... you'll find MC to be a great app to use, and these boards a great community.

I think your first step is to figure out why Itunes is not seeing the Ipod at all. If that's the case then you might have a defective Ipod, bad USB port etc. I figure if Itunes it's the Native program that the Ipod is supposed to see then that needs to be solved first.

Right now using MC is touch and go for the new IPod classic as all features are fully implemented however MC is far far superior to Itunes and I would continue to experiment with MC.

You'll find that MC is lighting fast, very robust and can perform 1001 tasks that Itunes does not.

One word of caution is don't use both Itunes and MC at the same time to manage an Ipod.

By the way you may also want to disable the Ituneshelper or Ipod service on your windows Pc as that runs in the background and can slow down your pc.

Good luck and don't hesitate to ask more questions on these forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Up