INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: smartlist question - want to view list of files that have no date  (Read 671 times)

steveklein

• Galactic Citizen
smartlist question - want to view list of files that have no date
« on: September 26, 2007, 09:25:46 am »

i want to filter my library in certain ways since i am going through and making sure my files are tagged 100% correctly.

how would i go about making a smartlist that filters around the following settings:

- looks for Genre (or Date, or any other field in theory) to be empty. I want to do this so I'll have a smartlist that I can go to and constantly check and see if files are tagged.

- is this possible to look for the presence of cover art and filter the same way? i'd like to have smartlists for songs missing Genre, Date, Cover Art, or any combination of the 3.

the smartlist feature is absolutely brilliant (so powerful) but can be daunting at the same time. is there a way to add Either, Or, And, But type commands to smartlists?

EDIT: Figured it out

For genre and cover art (actually a stock list lol!) you can use the dropdown menu and pick <empty>

For date to work, I ad to pick Date (filename friendly) and then use the dropdown menu.

Pages: [1]   Go Up