INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.400 !!  (Read 5110 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 12.0.400 !!
« on: December 21, 2007, 07:54:30 am »

This is the latest version of MC 12.0.  Any MC12.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

This latest build (usually safe) of MC12.0 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC12/MediaCenter120400.exe

12.0.400 (12/20/2007)

1. NEW: Rename Files From Properties can now make new copies of files at the target location.
2. NEW: Clicking the file type line at the top of Action Window > Tag window will jump to the format page, which contains a full tag and format dump.
3. NEW: Added the ability to pause and unpause the scheduler. (starts as unpaused after each launch)
3. Fixed: Ending an in-place edit by right-clicking and starting an in-place edit in another column would apply the changes to the wrong column.
4. Fixed: Podcast cover art could end up in the temporary folder instead of final folder when configured to store art next to the file (i.e. folder.jpg, etc.).
5. Fixed: The keyboard was not usable while viewing a webpage from Theater View.
6. Fixed: Improved handling of concurrent import (or auto-import) processes running during large, slow file move operations.
7. Fixed: In rare cases, undo / redo database operations could include internal changes from background threads.
8. Fixed: VisStudio plug-ins were not displaying on Track Info visualization pages.
9. Fixed: The import folder dialog would not scroll nicely in the path combobox during typing.
10. Fixed: The scheduler could be off by an hour for southern hemisphere countries currently in daylight savings time.
11. NEW: Screen Grab option is available for DVD playback.
12. Fixed: iPod view would not update correctly after an Initialize.
13. Fixed: Handheld sync rules not validating playlists and podcasts.
14. Fixed: Playlists not sorted correctly on older iPods.

12.0.399 (12/19/2007)

1. Changed: Tab, Shift+Tab, etc. navigation is no longer disabled when editing multiple files at one time. (remember that Ctrl+Z is available to undo a change)
2. Changed: Added panes to the tab rotation in the player.
3. Changed: Internal changes to visualization plug-ins, including 2D, 3D and Track Info.
4. Changed: When the handheld option to remove cover art from converted files is set, the option for saving cover art to the 'folder.jpg' file is disabled.
5. Fixed: Screen grab in video playback did not work when Enhanced Video Renderer was used.
6. Optimized: Improved core string performance, which makes all areas of the program faster.
7. Optimized: Loading and saving of the playlists database is faster.
8. Optimized: Several optimizations that improve program load time.
9. Fixed: Starting image playback from Explorer with MC not running could crash.
10. Fixed: In tagging mode, checkboxes would not be properly updated for nested fields on tree expansion.
11. Fixed: Manual podcast downloads were not showing In Queue with all caps to show they had priority. (but were still working like always)
12. Changed: When applying sorting to a view scheme or smartlist rule by customizing the view, other sort tokens are preserved if they're not at the end of the search.
13. Fixed: (again) File converter tool would create unneeded output directory.
14. Fixed: The first time you used the sound recorder it would record in wma format no matter how you configured it.

12.0.398 (12/18/2007)

1. Fixed: Build.

12.0.397 (12/18/2007)

1. Fixed: Playback of ranged files (i.e. CUE tracks) would not always be sample-perfect with regards to duration, causing gapless playback hiccups.
2. Changed: CUE file track file size is filled from the size of the full link file, pro-rated according to duration. (so the sum of all tracks will equal the size of the link file)
3. Fixed: Dates would not parse correctly in locales where the month was specified with two digits: e.g. 11/01/1913 for Jan 11, 1913
4. Changed: We now list content in hidden folders on Sansa E200 series players in MSC mode.
5. Fixed: File converter tool would create unneeded output directory.
6. Changed: The expression function ListCombine(...) removes duplicates.
7. Fixed: Shutdown could take longer than expected when many podcasts were subscribed to and the podcasts were stored on a slow drive.
8. Fixed: Permission prompt popped up every time an iPod was connected on systems running Vista.
9. Changed: Added several new date formats to the date parser.
10. Fixed: The sharing servers were not accepting requests.
11. Changed: Screen Grab in video playback puts grabbed images in a subfolder of Application Data, instead of the Program Files folder.

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Re: Media Center 12.0.400 !!
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2007, 09:09:37 am »

1. NEW: Rename Files From Properties can now make new copies of files at the target location.
Absolutely amazing!  I can think of a lot of uses for this.

Also, the speed improvements in 399 are unbelievable.  I notice a difference on every machine and my EEEs handle the library much better.  Great work!

neFAST

• Galactic Citizen
  • \o/
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2007, 04:12:57 pm »

Speed improvement are a great thing.
Do you plan to fix the "refresh bug" with Theater view in Radio mode?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2007, 04:50:20 pm »

I moved some posts to a new thread called Problem with Cue files and Replay Gain.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2007, 06:13:48 pm »

Posts on Tab Behavior also split to a new thread.

Messiahs

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2007, 06:36:31 pm »

bug with "playing now" (when "playing now"-view is opened).

Code: [Select]

Dim MCCurPlaylist As MediaCenter.IMJCurPlaylistAutomation
MCCurPlaylist = mediaCenterRef.GetCurPlaylist

If Not MCCurPlaylist Is Nothing Then
   Dim ret As Boolean = MCCurPlaylist.AddFileByKey(CInt(id), CInt(MCCurPlaylist.GetNumberFiles))
End If

doesn't update "playing now"-view (return value is 'true').
so error "There is nothing to play" occurs or playlist starts at the beginning even though there are files to play (but they aren't shown till you left playing now and reopen the view).

raldo

Playlists are empty after update?
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2007, 03:54:41 am »

Hi,

I upgraded to 399 yesterday and afterwards all my playlists were empty.

Also, the playlist synch towards my SonyEricsson W810i (standard mass storage device) behaves weirdly. The synch reports that I am 74 mB above capacity, but when I browse the unit in explorer, there´s 1.5 GB free...

softshellcrab

• Recent member
Some advanced immage commands do not work in display view
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2007, 05:23:43 am »

I do not know if this is a bug or not, but when I open up a large jpeg image in the display view, the up and down arrow keys, as well as my separate Pg Up and Pg Dn keys do not work. These keys work in my other image programs so I don't think it is my keyboard that's the issue.

Clicking and dragging works, but that's cumbersome. Can this be fixed?

Thanks,
Pat

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2007, 06:08:33 am »

Hitting [F2] (or slow double click) in any field to edit and then hitting [tab] to jumb to the next field doesn't scroll to the right. It jumps to the next field and I'm able to type, but I cannot see the field. I have to scroll manually to the left. [Caps]+[tab] works as excpected.

Have this here on two different machines, one with XP and one with Vista.

I'm very sorry, but this is still there...  :-\

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2007, 07:35:22 am »

musichawk,
I've moved your iPod post here.

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2007, 09:58:14 am »

Messiahs, I've moved your posts on the SDK to here:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=44100.0

j

eba

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2007, 11:52:51 am »

In Panes view gridlines are showing up in the top panes regardless of whether gridlines are set to on or off.

octbit

« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2007, 01:26:49 am »

Not sure if it's just me, but after upgrading to 400, I've only been able to get MC to load once after multiple reboots.  The last time it loaded was a few reboots ago (so the problem wasn't permanently fixed).  When it fails to load, it maxes out one of my cores until I kill it with task manager.

I'm running Vista x64 on a Core 2 Quad 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM and syncing with a 5.5G Video iPod.

eba

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2007, 08:23:06 am »

Right clicking on a playlist and selecting Shuffle or Update Order doesn't seem to be working in this build.  Using the playlist header buttons does.

MGD_King

• It's not easy being me, but it sure is fun!
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2007, 07:18:57 pm »

12.0.399 (12/19/2007)

6. Optimized: Improved core string performance, which makes all areas of the program faster.
7. Optimized: Loading and saving of the playlists database is faster.
8. Optimized: Several optimizations that improve program load time.

:o WOW!!!! Major improvements!!!! Went from .393 to .400 and couldn't believe my eyes! I use a spectrum analyzer in a custom visualization and with .393 I was getting solid 33.4 fps, with .400 I'm getting anywhere between 48 to 63 fps!! Program loads way faster, and is more responsive!

One issue that I see is that when viewing customized visualizations, the YEAR field isn't populating. It populates on the "canned" vizs, but not a custom or one that I customize.

neFAST

• Galactic Citizen
  • \o/
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2007, 11:30:29 am »

I think I found a bug in 400. MC seems to check album's name to aggregate cover arts in the playing now collums.
In that cas the Radio was playing a lot of OST (BO in french), and MC diplayed the same cover art (the first one) for all of them.

A picture speaks a thousand words:

BTW the radio seems to be fooled by such album naming. The songs have nothing to do together except they all come from an OST.

wedgecon

« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2007, 01:14:38 pm »

I have found a bug on the analyze song function.  There is one song in my library when when ever medica center 12.0.400 tries to analyze it crashed media center.  It gets to 100% of the analysis and then it crashes.  The song file is left with all zeres in the comment tag. 

If you want send me an e-mail address and I will send you the mp3 in question.

Pages: [1]   Go Up