INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Consoles & TV cards  (Read 2596 times)

Slapgravel

Consoles & TV cards
« on: October 02, 2007, 01:08:25 pm »

Hey, I got a new comp and it had a ViXs Pure TV-U 4899 TV card with it.  I was playing around with getting my console (Game cube) to work so I could use my monitor to play it.  I played around with it and got the image/sound to work through win movie maker using the S-Video input on the card.  However, to have it, full screen and playable I needed a media console on my machine.  I downloaded the JRiver 30 day trial yesterday and played around with it but couldn't get any sound/picture to happen.  I have no idea if I'm even in the right part of the program......Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

G

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Consoles & TV cards
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2007, 09:24:08 pm »

We have not tested this device. So we do not know.

Drives & Devices -> TV Tuner. Click Options button. On the resulting dialog window, see if your device is listed under "Analog Video Devices" or "Digital TV Devices". Explore other options there too.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Slapgravel

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2007, 09:15:38 am »

I can see the card on the options and even the analog input, It would just be like putting a TV on an AV channel.  How would I do that?

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2007, 11:29:54 am »

There is a checkbox to include (show) external inputs.  Once you check that, S-Video, etc. should appear in the channels list and you should be able to cycle through the inputs.

Slapgravel

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2007, 08:05:55 am »

This is just it.....I can see the s-video input and I can switch to it, but for some reason I get no picture.  I guess its the same as connecting a video camera for play back.  Why would I not get a picture when switching to s-video?  Would I need to configure it somehow? Like I said if I click s-video on win movie player, I can see the picture....so I know the signal is getting there.  I just need to find it through your program.
Pages: [1]   Go Up