INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Still having Album Art issues with .338 on ipod Classic  (Read 1332 times)

m1abrams

• World Citizen
Still having Album Art issues with .338 on ipod Classic
« on: October 06, 2007, 07:53:07 am »

My issues have been with some albums not getting artwork loaded onto the ipod.  I would make a rough guess that about 50-60% of my music that is tagged with Art is not loaded to the iPod with Art.

All my music is in FLAC format with artwork embedded so I use MC to transcode to MP3.  The cache files also show that the artwork did not make it into the mp3 files.  MC sees the artwork in the FLAC files just fine.

Most of my artwork comes from Amazon with some coming from AMG, it is all jpeg format.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Still having Album Art issues with .338 on ipod Classic
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2007, 08:23:25 am »

My issues have been with some albums not getting artwork loaded onto the ipod.  I would make a rough guess that about 50-60% of my music that is tagged with Art is not loaded to the iPod with Art.

All my music is in FLAC format with artwork embedded so I use MC to transcode to MP3.  The cache files also show that the artwork did not make it into the mp3 files.  MC sees the artwork in the FLAC files just fine.

Most of my artwork comes from Amazon with some coming from AMG, it is all jpeg format.

Double check the options you have set for transfer.

It's also possible, though I don't know for certain, that size of the image may matter on the iPod.

m1abrams

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2007, 10:50:46 am »

Which options should I have set?  I have it set to transfer images and NOT convert the images.  As I stated above MC is putting some images into the mp3 files that are in the cache directory.  If this was an iPod issue I would expect to see ALL the mp3s in the cache directory have images, however what I see is the ones not showing up on the iPod also do NOT show up in the cache directory.

Note these are the SAME images I use to sync to my 4G ipod using MC11 without any issue.

SwellGuy

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2007, 11:14:26 am »

We've added some logging to try to discover where the problem is - I will let you know when a build is available.
Pages: [1]   Go Up