INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Visual Studio connection problem with Web Service. Login refused  (Read 2922 times)

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe

Just installed Vista on my workstation (I previously ran XP).
I'm trying to connect from my workstation (within visual studio 2005), to my half finished VB web service that's on a IIS web server together with my SQL database. I do not think the server have been touched since the last time I was developing my plugin.

I've tried to open up the web service in Visual Studio and I get prompted for a login and password.
First I shut down any firewalls. Then I tried with all my Administrator accounts, local and domain.
Also tried the IUSR_Servername and a few passwords. Changed the passwords for the IIS users, but still no connection.
Tried to set the Web service virual directory as unsecure I could, just to test. Allowing Write, scripts and executables etc.

Create a new web service too, but the connection problem is still there. That makes me think the logins for IIS are screwd up.
The anonymous access obviously works, as my plugin who uses the web service works as it's supposed to.

Are there any obvious things I've missed here? I find this problem rather strange.
If I can'f fix this, what are the steps I have to take to reset the whole thing, without having to code my web service agian?
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Visual Studio connection problem with Web Service. Login refused
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2007, 03:46:44 pm »

Haven't fixed the problem yet, but found a way around. Seems like some access rights are screwed up on my IIS server.
What I did was to map a drive to the server, and access the web service as a local file, not a web site.

What I don't understand, is that I can not browse my web service via http, but I can edit the web service, save it, AND access it from my plugin. It fully functional, but might have some problems when the IIS security account is used from outside my LAN.
I do belive it will be a mystery untill i descide to make my plugin publicly available. Then I might have to reinstall the whole server to get it right.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying
Pages: [1]   Go Up