INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New MP3 player recommendations?  (Read 1559 times)

Crashless

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
New MP3 player recommendations?
« on: October 11, 2007, 11:10:22 am »

So my iRiver iHP140 is starting to show its age, the battery life is getting horrible, and it doesn't sync number plays and ratings with Media Center (using RockBox firmware).

I'm looking for a hard drive based player, 80gb or more of storage, and syncing number plays and ratings with Media Center.

Oh yeah, I don't want an iPod. I'd rather not get into the reasons why, but let's just say I'm not a fan.

I really like the idea of the Zune 2, with it's wireless sync, but that obviously won't work with MC, and the Archos 605 is too big for my tastes. (not to mention overkill, I don't need video, my PPC6700 streams my TV real-time from my SageTV box)

I know I'm being very picky, but any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

What are people using these days?

Crashless

• Recent member
Re: New MP3 player recommendations?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2007, 08:21:57 pm »

OK, so I'm obviously being too picky.

Maybe if someone could please point me at a list of hard drive players that can sync number plays and ratings with MC, that'll get me started.

dcwebman

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2007, 08:27:33 am »

Sorry I can't offer any advice as I'm an iPod user. I decided on that because it has the most support and accessories out there. Since it is the most popular, if there's a problem working with MC I'm sure the priority will be placed higher than a less popular brand. As far as what else you can look at, my only recommendation would be to look through the posts in this forum to see what other brands are working well with MC.
Jeff

Yorrick

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2007, 09:11:00 pm »

My old mp3 was a Cowon iAudio X5L. 35hrs of audio battery life, supports rockbox, but I don't think it did any synching at all. Apparently Cowon was going to come out with an X7 in Sept, but that never happened. If they do release another (better quality) hd mp3 I would look into that.

Crashless

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2007, 09:23:03 pm »

OOOhhhhh Shiny!  :D

I'll definitely keep an eye on that one.  Thanks so much for the heads up!

How is the standard firmware on the x5L?  Rockbox is great, but it's not necessarily one of my absolute requirements.  Does it sync well with MC?

Yorrick

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2007, 07:05:29 pm »

The thing about the X5 original firmware was that it supported an awesome list of formats. Also, the X5 is one of the best-sounding mp3's on the market with a 90db signal to noise ratio.

However, I must also warn you against it.

This was my goodbye to Cowon: http://iaudiophile.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17235
Pages: [1]   Go Up