INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tag Field Selection in Rules (MC11 vs. MC12)  (Read 816 times)

Omni

• Citizen of the Universe
Tag Field Selection in Rules (MC11 vs. MC12)
« on: October 13, 2007, 06:21:40 pm »

I'm testing out MC12 (v.12.0.338) to see if I want to upgrade, and a great feature that has been around since v.8.0 seems to have been removed.  I am just wondering if this is by design or if this is just temporary.

Case in point, when creating a directory (or filename) rule, one would get a drop-down list like the following, and expanding Advanced would conveniently list all the tag fields available:

In MC12, now one only gets this:

And worse, choosing "Custom" just yields a generic, non-helpful edit box with no hints whatsoever about all the tags that are available (like I am somehow supposed to know all 200+ tags by heart :P):

(For instance, in the above, I had to launch MC11 to look up "[File Type]" because I didn't remember if it was "File Type" or "filetype" and, though it's probably just a bug, the "Help" button in the Options window is dead (it doesn't do anything.)

So again, was this great feature removed, and if so, is there any chance it will ever be re-introduced into MC12?

Omni

Re: Tag Field Selection in Rules (MC11 vs. MC12)
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 05:35:41 pm »

Okay, from your silence, I will assume this user-friendly aspect of MC was removed for some reason, so I guess I will just stick with MC11.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Tag Field Selection in Rules (MC11 vs. MC12)
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2007, 06:04:10 pm »

MC 12 was changed to make picking a standard default easier.

All the custom power is still there in "Custom...", but you're right that it may not be as easy.  We'll look at adding a field picker to the popup dialog in a future build.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up