INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover art and Data CDs  (Read 738 times)

dasfoo

• Junior Woodchuck
Cover art and Data CDs
« on: October 15, 2007, 03:54:21 pm »

I've run into a conflict between some instances of cover art and the burning of MP3 CDs to play on my car stereo (2007 Factory issue Ford CD deck with MP3 CD playback).

On a disc of 180 files, about half of them have associated cover art. About half of those with art, the CD deck can't read the ID tags (saying instead, "No Title," "No Artist," etc.) And on a few here and there, the deck can't even play the file.

I've tried unembedding the images from the files and storing as a location, and that fixes some playback while corrupting others. The only way to get the deck to flawlessly read and play all the files is just to remove all cover art. Sometimes updating the art will fix the errors on select files, but safest is just to wipe it all out.

Obviously, this is a problem with the deck and not MC, but I was wondering if anyone else has found themselves in a similar situation and if you found a way past it without doing a scorched earth deletion of the image files.

• Is there a very specific set of requirements for universally compatible cover art (I usually find album art on Wikipedia and paste it from the clipboard) I can restrict myself to to avoid these errors?
  • Is there a plugin that can test cover art for problems meeting that standard, if it exists?
  • Is there way to strip the image tags from files as they get burned to a CD, without affecting the cover art in the library?

Thanks if anyone can help.

EDIT: Looking around some more, I see that the sync options for handhelds includes an option for "Remove Cover Art." This would be a great add-on for the CD burning feature, as well. In lieu of that, I'll have to make copies of around 2000 files and put them in their own library where I'll remove the cover art (all 1d3v2 tags, to be safe) and burn them from there, so as not to require removing cover art from my main library files.

Pages: [1]   Go Up