INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DVD Menu Navigation - VOB Files  (Read 1204 times)

Kilo

• Recent member
DVD Menu Navigation - VOB Files
« on: September 27, 2007, 12:43:13 pm »

When I play a dvd from an imported video_ts folder, it opens, but the menu will not allow me to navigate or even press play.  i have tried switching between the different views.  also, when i click on the image of the video in mc12, it opens up theatre view, but it is just a black screen...and the actual dvd menu opens up in an external window with a separate pink window. 

is this normal? 

can anyone tell me how to enable menu navigation?

Kilo

• Recent member
Re: DVD Menu Navigation - VOB Files
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2007, 05:43:24 pm »

I am running mc12 in vista.. are there any compatability issues that might cause the menu navigation not to work?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2007, 06:02:36 pm »

Don't think so.  Maybe the DirectShow filters in use?  Try the FAQ in my signature for a link about video by glynor (near the bottom).  Also more in the wiki (link above).

Kilo

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2007, 03:29:18 pm »

Could it be because I still have only the trial version?

I installed the latest version of DirectX thinking that might be the problem...b ut it wasn't.  I think I might be giving up... this has caused me so much wasted time and frustration trying to get the videos to simply play.  I am greatly saddened, as I thought this program was exactly what I've been looking for. 

Does anyone know of any other programs that will catalogue my video_ts folders and allow me to add pictures and watch them?

Kilo

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2007, 01:51:37 pm »

I haven't been able to find a single program that has the same desirable features that mc12 has... so I've been trying to troubleshoot again.  I reinstalled it, and it said that it couldn't copy all of the files and needed to restart the computer.  When the computer restarted, mc12 did not open up to complete the installation.  I am pretty sure it did this the first time I installed, as well.  Could that possibly be a clue to the source of my problem?  Should I provide a log?

Kilo

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2007, 12:13:34 pm »

I installed mc12 onto my desktop computer running on windows 2000, and it works beautifully.  I am thinking that it must be a problem with vista.
Pages: [1]   Go Up