INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center has encountered critical error #21.  (Read 1652 times)

2wheeltraveler

Media Center has encountered critical error #21.
« on: October 16, 2007, 02:46:07 pm »

Anyone know what this means?  Over the last couple of weeks, ive started having several issues with stability (random windows send-error-reports, etc).  This is the latest and greatest error.  I have installed and re-installed countless times and the error always seems to find me.  It's specifically states:

Media Center has encountered critical error #21.  Some essential component is missing or corrupted.  Please uninstall and reinstall the latest version of Media Center.  If this error persistes, report it to JRiver.

And so i'm here... I can't get MC to stay running longer than 10-15 minutes without some sort of error.  All other software on this PC is running fine.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Media Center has encountered critical error #21.
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2007, 02:51:32 pm »

Try re-installing your license.

Uninstall virus software (just to test).

Listener

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2007, 10:25:00 pm »

I got the same error message twice today doing the same thing on the same files. I uninstalled MC 12 as instructed, keeping the registry entires and installed v. 12.329.  I was then able to get past the spot where I got crashes and have been using MC 12 for several hours since.

I do wish that I had some idea what happened and why.  The message about a missing component doesn't seem right.

Bill

2wheeltraveler

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2007, 11:25:19 pm »

Girder started throwing up random errors on me too... so I ran a chkdsk /R on my box (Didnt see results before reboot), and it's been running for hours without issue.  Looks like I may have a drive/controller/cabling issue causing some oddities.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2007, 07:13:13 am »

Are you running Netremote, too?
Pages: [1]   Go Up