INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Restore Standard Playlists  (Read 911 times)

TimAlexander

• Recent member
Restore Standard Playlists
« on: October 17, 2007, 06:30:07 pm »

I've managed to edit my Top Hits playlist to such a degree that it is useless and I can't get it to return any usable data.  I could swear I'd read a thread in the past discussing how to restore the standard playlists, but I can't find it.  Can anyone tell me how to restore Top Hits?

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Restore Standard Playlists
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2007, 02:46:28 am »

the default "top hits" playlist goes like so: [Number Plays]=>0 ~seq ~sort=[seq]-d ~n=100

click the edit button, click the import button, paste that in, replacing what's there already and OK your way back out.
Experiment using a new smart list, and when you're happy, place your new search string into top hits to save it there.

-marko.

TimAlexander

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2007, 04:03:59 pm »

How very interesting...  that playlist missed all kinds of popular songs, seemingly ignoring the top third of my most-played songs in my collection.  Perhaps I misunderstood what Top Hits was supposed to return.

Either way, I ended up with the results I was seeking with [Number Plays]=>5 ~seq ~n=100

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2007, 02:27:33 am »

I've never really understood what ~seq is supposed to do when used like this. Back in the day, the playlist used to look like:

~seq=[number plays] ~sort=[seq]-d

Anyhow, the "Top Hits" list takes your library and lists all files by number of plays, from highest to lowest, then limits the list to 100 files, so in theory, you get the 100 most played files.

try this instead: [Media Type]="audio" [Number Plays]=>0 ~sort=[number plays]-d ~n=100
That should give much more favourable results. If it's catching things you don't want, just add some exclusions before the "~n=100" rule to weed them out.

-marko.
Pages: [1]   Go Up