INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC12 Shutting down  (Read 777 times)

boydn

• Galactic Citizen
MC12 Shutting down
« on: October 19, 2007, 12:15:53 am »

I started testing MC 12 about a week ago and am LOVING it.  I've ripped 712 songs from 54 CDs (Flac) so far.  Problem is today I started getting the windows error that says Media Center has encountered a problem and needs to shutdown...  From the start I had to install Enc_FLAC-V2.2.2.zip to get it to see .Flac but that is the only plug in I've installed.  I've tried clearing the library and re scanning the folder, no good.  I uninstalled Media center and reinstalled MediaCenter120338.exe, no good.  Every time I try to import the folder it gets to 366 of 712 and shuts down.
Any ideas?  Should I try to use another program and convert everything to .WMA and give up on Flac?

Thanks!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC12 Shutting down
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007, 08:12:03 am »

If you suspect FLAC, uninstall the plug-ins to see if you can play anything else.

MC has logging (under Help in the menu).  Turn it on and check the end of the previous log.

In Windows Explorer, you can right click on files or folders and choose to import them (requires MC Shell Integration to be on -- under General in the options for MC).  Divide your files and import a group at a time to see if it's a bad file.

jgreen

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC12 Shutting down
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2007, 10:38:49 am »

boydn--

This screams "bad media file", and the error message is giving you a good indication of how far down the list to look for it.  The only thing i would add to JimH's comments is that you might want to temporarily disable auto-import, just until you can find the file and replace it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up