INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trying to use Theater View (again). Some questions...  (Read 1025 times)

Deivit

• Citizen of the Universe
  • I find your interest interesting...
Trying to use Theater View (again). Some questions...
« on: October 24, 2007, 09:09:30 am »

Hi,

I'm trying to give another go to Theater View, but I would like your comments and/or suggestions to customize it a little bit to make it more appealing to my taste:

Playing Now View
1.- Can I get rid of the lower display view and have the covert art show on the left navigation menu? If this could only be done via tweaking the XML, what do I need to change? and, more important, will that change be honored between builds?
2.- Can I customize how many lines of tracks to show?
3.- Can I have a different font size here?
3.- In "line-up" view, can I customize the content of the text when a track is selected? I'd like to see the "Album" and "Date" and possibly other information there.

Audio View
4.- Can I have a different text scheme here? I would like to show "Name" ("Artist") in Playing Now but different things as I go drilling deeper in Audio or Video View. For instance, when showing the albums by an artist, I want to show the "Date".
5.- Can I have different sorting orders as I drill deeper in the view? Can I change the sorting easily within Theater View? Sometimes I would like to see the albums by an artist in alphabetical other and sometimes I would like to see them in cronological order. I normally want to see the tracks in an album sorted by Track Number and not alphabetically.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Deivit

• I find your interest interesting...
Re: Trying to use Theater View (again). Some questions...
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2007, 12:57:59 pm »

1.- Can I get rid of the lower display view and have the covert art show on the left navigation menu? If this could only be done via tweaking the XML, what do I need to change? and, more important, will that change be honored between builds?

Got something for this one  ;D
It's the % value of the PIP entry in the Base 1.xml in the "shared" folder. Changing the value to 0% will get rid of the lower display view. Now let's see if I can get the PIP on the left navigation menu.

raym

• MC Beta Team
Re: Trying to use Theater View (again). Some questions...
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2007, 07:59:58 pm »

Now let's see if I can get the PIP on the left navigation menu.

It's definately possible as this is what I've done in my custom skin. I just can't remember how right now as I'm not at home. If you get stuck, let me know and I'll post the changes...
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation
Pages: [1]   Go Up