INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Television Volume  (Read 2331 times)

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Television Volume
« on: October 25, 2007, 04:32:15 pm »

Is it just me or has anybody else noticed that the volume of Television playback is now a lot lower than when playing back Audio or recorded Videos?

If I record the same TV channel I'm watching the volume level between the live TV and the recorded video are quite different.  With the TV being a lot lower.

Has there been anything done in the last few builds (currently running .355) that might affect this?

Thanks
Richard

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Television Volume
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2007, 01:26:12 pm »

Do you have some filters that may jump in automatically? I noticed sometimes the volume is low. It turned out to be the AC3Filter that gets automatically loaded (even though it is not needed). That filter has volume control in itself.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2007, 03:18:31 pm »

Do you have some filters that may jump in automatically? I noticed sometimes the volume is low. It turned out to be the AC3Filter that gets automatically loaded (even though it is not needed). That filter has volume control in itself.

Not that I'm aware of, I think it's using the Nvidia filters like everything else, but I can't see what's loaded as Television doesn't have the DirectShow Filters right-click option like other video playback modes.

Could this be added please?

Richard

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2007, 06:00:33 pm »

Not that I'm aware of, I think it's using the Nvidia filters like everything else, but I can't see what's loaded as Television doesn't have the DirectShow Filters right-click option like other video playback modes.

The only way to see what filters are used is by looking at the log file.

Could this be added please?

It is on my list.

If you previously installed AC3Filter, you should find under "All Programs\AC3Filter" a configuration program ("AC3Filter Config"). Run it and go to System tab, then uncheck "PCM" under "Use AC3Filter for...", and choose "Prefer other decoder" under "Filter Merit".
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2007, 12:37:20 am »

I don't have AC3Filter installed.

MC did install FFDShow the other day, so I uninstalled that but it didn't fix the problem.

If I look in the taskbar the Nvidia decoder icon is there and the logs say it's using the Nvidia decoder, just the volume level is much lower than when I play back the same material recorded to a DVR-MS file.

I tried a channel with AC3 audio rather then MPG and this was the correct volume but the audio is very stuttery and keeps breaking up for some reason, which I'm sure it wasn't when I tried AC3 last time (but can't be 100% sure).

Richard

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2007, 04:48:36 am »

OK.... Richard puts on his MC dummies cap and sits quietly in the corner feeling like an idiot :)

Looks like somehow the wave playback level in the control panel ahd got dropped form 100% to 50%.

No idea how it got changed, as I didn't do it myself, but putting it back up at 100% seems to solve the problem!

Back to my corner....

Richard

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2007, 07:28:43 am »

Looks like somehow the wave playback level in the control panel ahd got dropped form 100% to 50%.

No idea how it got changed, as I didn't do it myself, but putting it back up at 100% seems to solve the problem!
It could have been done by another application at install or startup.
Pages: [1]   Go Up