INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Radio questions  (Read 1855 times)

neFAST

• Galactic Citizen
  • \o/
Radio questions
« on: October 28, 2007, 06:38:13 am »

Trial was over this morning. I had nothing else to do than buying your great piece of software :)

* When showing the "playing now" in Theater view AND with "Radio" on, the playlist doesn't refresh automatically. Tracks are enqueued the one after the others, but the playlist is not updated.

* Can we access the option screen of the radio? How ?

I have other suggestions:
* Do you plan multiple radio (each one with its own "user mood recordings" like the chosen seed and what was skipped)
* I know you don't want to mimic Itunes, but diplaying the next 5 songs is a cool thing in their "Party mode". Could you add this as an option?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Radio questions
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2007, 07:25:17 am »

We're still tinkering with Radio.  There aren't currently any options other than playing with or without a "seed" track.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2007, 09:34:18 am »

* I know you don't want to mimic Itunes, but diplaying the next 5 songs is a cool thing in their "Party mode". Could you add this as an option?

The magic of radio is that it learns from what you listen to and what you skip so it can pick progressively better songs.  This is to say that it doesn't know what it's going to pick next until you finish (or skip) the song you're on now.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

gappie

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2007, 10:47:11 am »

The magic of radio is that it learns from what you listen to and what you skip so it can pick progressively better songs.  This is to say that it doesn't know what it's going to pick next until you finish (or skip) the song you're on now.
i was wondering: does it also take in account skips made before? i just resetted all my skips, or was that useless?

neFAST

• Galactic Citizen
  • \o/
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2007, 12:15:47 pm »

Let's say you enqueue 5 songs the first time (when the user clicks on Radio). Then the other songs are added using skipped/not skipped information. This way you can see the next 5 ones and your choice is taken in account for the (n+6) song.
Anyway I think that every single user will have it's own views on how the Radio should work. I would really like that you allow power user to fine tune this feature (variability, artists duplicates, ...) while keeping the current "one button does it all" for other users.

PS: how do people join the "beta team"? Admins pick them up? You have to win some weird contest? :)

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2007, 12:24:14 pm »

PS: how do people join the "beta team"? Admins pick them up? You have to win some weird contest? :)
You have to be born with six toes on each paw.

neFAST

• Galactic Citizen
  • \o/
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2007, 12:45:21 pm »

I've 6 toes! And even 4 extra ones.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2007, 12:46:03 pm »

I've 6 toes! And even 4 extra ones.
Send a picture to our Washington office.  1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

neFAST

• Galactic Citizen
  • \o/
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2007, 04:54:48 pm »

You have to be born with six toes on each paw.
You added that after :p

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2007, 05:04:23 pm »

Sure I did.

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2007, 05:09:22 pm »

What does it use to determine what to remove from it's selection choices when I skip a song? Genre? Audio Analysis? Artist?

How is the radio reset to start over (different moods or for another user)? Does it reset when MC is resarted or is it saved acrosss re-starts?

Using "Add to Plaing Now" during Radio playback will cause Radio to stop after the added song is finished. Can there be an "Add To Radio" added in future builds?
. . . the game is rigged

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2007, 06:20:40 pm »

We had someone work for us last year for a few months who's name sounded like "Six Toe" He was a Native American, and not sure how he spelled it.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up