INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No sound for TV and video after updating soundcard driver  (Read 2291 times)

Berto

• Galactic Citizen
No sound for TV and video after updating soundcard driver
« on: October 28, 2007, 03:45:42 pm »

After reinstalling Windows Vista on my system because of troubles with Windows Update, I only had sound from two of my 5 speakers. With much trial an error and installing new drivers for my Audigy 2ZS sound card (6.0.1.1303) I finally got all 5 speakers working again.
But now I don't have sound anymore when watching TV or video's in MC. I tried all kind of settings for audio in MC but with no result.
Can you give me a clue on solving this problem?
A day without laughing is a day without living

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: No sound for TV and video after updating soundcard driver
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2007, 03:55:06 pm »

Try switching the Playback options from Direct Sound to Wave Out or vice versa.

Berto

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2007, 03:59:05 pm »

Tried that already. No effect.

Berto

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2007, 04:19:21 pm »

Jim, I have sound with video's now by selecting 'Use Windows Media Player engine for video playback when possible' in DirectShow Playback Options under DirectShow playback settings.... in Options Playback.
Now only no sound with live TV to solve.

Update November 2 2007:
I've found the solution. It was a wrong setting in Tools -> Options -> Playback -> DirectShow playback settings ...

tonyyack

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2007, 05:35:29 pm »

I've been searching through the forum but haven't found anything that has helped.   I am using MC 12 and I am having a problem with sound when viewing HDTV.  I have an ATI 650 PCI card.  The analog channels work fine but I don't get any sound when I tune in an HDTV channel using MC 12.  If I use ATI's Catalyst media center the HDTV sound is fine.   Also when I rrn a scan using ATI's software, many more HDTV channels are available than when I run the scan using MC 12.   Any suggestions?   Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2007, 06:03:20 pm »

I've been searching through the forum but haven't found anything that has helped.   I am using MC 12 and I am having a problem with sound when viewing HDTV.  I have an ATI 650 PCI card.  The analog channels work fine but I don't get any sound when I tune in an HDTV channel using MC 12.  If I use ATI's Catalyst media center the HDTV sound is fine.   Also when I rrn a scan using ATI's software, many more HDTV channels are available than when I run the scan using MC 12.   Any suggestions?   Thanks.
Can you try the build from the top of the MC12 forum?  It's 12.0.380.
Pages: [1]   Go Up