INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thumbnailing Slowing Everything Down  (Read 850 times)

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Thumbnailing Slowing Everything Down
« on: November 01, 2007, 01:59:07 am »

I made a screen video of an email being typed for a project I'm working on with CamStudio, a freeware utility.  I recorded it as a wmv file.  It does not play in VLC but it does in Windows Media Player and Media Center.  Unfortunately, MC essentially is unresponsive when trying to thumbnail it.  The file is tiny (< 200KB I think) so I could post it.  Otherwise, as a quick fix (all I'm looking for) is there a way to absolutely disable all Media Center thumbnail creation?  I would like to do this very much because I'm going to run a sequence of videos at specific queues and don't want any thumbnailing to potentially destroy the real time output.

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
Re: Thumbnailing Slowing Everything Down
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 02:18:50 am »

Options->Library & Folders->Auto-Import Folders->Options->Build Thumbnails (uncheck).

If i'm not mistaken thats the only place where you an disable thumbnail creation.

Another option might be to only use the coulmn 'Image (small icon)' in your viewschemes instead of Image (small or Large Thumbnail)

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Re: Thumbnailing Slowing Everything Down
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2007, 09:43:34 am »

Removing the little thumbnail doesn't stop MC from being in some kind of loop that slows everything way down.  The thumbnailing process can do this I've found with somewhat lesser known subcodecs.  Generally, I use only the most standard codecs but for screen capture, the option I chose is the only one that even works.
Pages: [1]   Go Up