INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater View when the view is detached  (Read 1569 times)

raldo

• Citizen of the Universe
Theater View when the view is detached
« on: November 14, 2007, 04:30:05 pm »

My setup: Big monitor on the wall (for video) and small monitor for internet surfing++.

I regularly use MC with the view detached (with the MC standard view on the small monitor) but I occasionally use theater view for browsing and selection.

When the view is detatched, I cannot toggle to theater view:
o Pressing F11 just minimizes the display (pressing it again maximises it) . In this case, the "main window" just remains the same on my small monitor.
o On my remote (IR man plugin) pressing "Toggle theater view" leaves the standard window in theater view!

This clearly cannot be correct (I'm I the only one using MC this way?!)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Theater View when the view is detached
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 04:45:33 pm »

It's doing what it's supposed to, I just don't think you want a detached display.

My advice would be to set MC to always use the big TV for fullscreen. (Options > Playback > Display Settings...)  Then don't detach the display.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Deivit

• I find your interest interesting...
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 02:30:48 am »

Hi,

I'm now using a dual-display solution too. What would be the best recomendation to have the fullscreen in the big TV and the main library view in the secondary display? I'm now detaching the display to the big TV, maximizing it, and dragging the main GUI to the secondary display. Is that the best way? If I do what Matt suggests, will I have the library view in the secondary display?

Thank you.

raldo

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2007, 04:00:07 am »

I think he means:

o Big Screen - video. Never deattach view. Use options to set this as default video output screen.
o Small Screen - Main GUI. When you cycle through displays by pressing F11, the main gui (standard view) will pop up here if that was the last place it was "instantiated".

I still do think that MC should handle the transition between detached view and theater view better. It's not "right" the way it's done now.

My suggestion is:
o when view detached and you press f11 (or use the remote to enter theater view)
o Reattach the view.
o Bring up theater view *on the configured monitor*

Then, when you press f11 (or use the remote to exittheater view)
o Remember the previous attached state
o Enter that attached state

I think a detached view is good for browsing video in the main GUI.

But I'd also like to seamlessly switch to theater view for those evenings when I'd just like to use the remote...

Deivit

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2007, 11:31:01 am »

I think he means:

o Big Screen - video. Never deattach view. Use options to set this as default video output screen.
o Small Screen - Main GUI. When you cycle through displays by pressing F11, the main gui (standard view) will pop up here if that was the last place it was "instantiated".

It doesn't seem to work as expected here. If I'm in "Display View" in the big screen it's impossible to have access to the GUI elsewhere. Will investigate a little bit more.
Thank you.

Mars

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2007, 02:59:54 pm »

Hi Deivit,

Have you tried to do this?

1) Path: Display Options\ Display Settings\ Full Screen\ Monitor: (Choose here the Monitor for full screen);

2) Do Not detach display, but double click on the Display panel (Playing Now in Standard View) to toggle Full Screen. This way you will have two separate views in two different monitors: One with full screen display, an the other with full access to MC GUI, or desktop or whatever.

P.S.: Sóc jo, en Le Clerk  8) (Fanyó Mash)

Deivit

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2007, 01:10:54 am »

1) Path: Display Options\ Display Settings\ Full Screen\ Monitor: (Choose here the Monitor for full screen);

2) Do Not detach display, but double click on the Display panel (Playing Now in Standard View) to toggle Full Screen. This way you will have two separate views in two different monitors: One with full screen display, an the other with full access to MC GUI, or desktop or whatever.

Thanks, Mars. I'm gonna try it when I get back home this evening.

P.S.: Sóc jo, en Le Clerk  8) (Fanyó Mash)

Cooooooooony!  :o
Pages: [1]   Go Up