INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Making the best of MC  (Read 1236 times)

skylarplane

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Making the best of MC
« on: May 18, 2007, 03:23:10 pm »

I know that I'm not the only one who uses the MC for their inital storage
of their songs and albums but I know I'm among so many more who would
like to learn about all the features of your entire system.

It would be extremely helpful if you guys started working on an active tutorial so the rest of us non-geeks can learn all the possibilities of the MC system.

Have a list of all the available systems within MC and be able click on the subject title and  just not in text but actually show you how the other pieces work tutorially.  This way more and more people will find out that your software does more than just what it seems on the surface.

SkylarPlane
Looking for something new here.

TheLongshot

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Making the best of MC
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2007, 03:37:47 pm »

I agree.  It seems like reading some of these threads that MC has potential that I've barely tapped, and it is hard to view what I COULD do with it if I knew how.

The documention is good for basic usability, but when it comes to more advanced features, it is harder to find that information.

Jason

NoBS

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2007, 06:56:35 pm »

Bumped in agreement.
I really like MC and the ability to control, if I ever learn it's vast potential.
Showed it off to some friends and the 1st thing they asked is why would I pay $40 USD for something that is free with WMP11.
Took time to show 'em the basic's and a few day's later they called and said it was too darn hard to figure out.
I guess they are ment to use WMP11...

What's an iPod?
Do apples have worms?
Rotten to the core.

jgreen

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2007, 10:47:36 am »

I hear this every now and then from casual users/new users, and I suspect it's probably the tip o the iceberg.  To be clear, this conundrum is due to a basic law of physics:  JRiver adds new features to MC faster than the world's fastest typist can write about them.

So I think a little creativity is in order here (i.e. we should do what I think).  Some programs now ship with chatty popup videos that describe a few of the basic functions and more or less assure you there's light at the end of the tunnel.  I think jriver ought to try this.  An Intro video in a lightweight format could ship with MC, and make itself available on startup much the same way "getting started" tutorials do with some programs. 

One idea would be to warehouse the videos at jriver and supply links on the "Start" page.  In this manner the videos could be updated and more added, and the hard-copy links could be formatted in a way that made the basic info simple to find, and the advanced info readily searchable. 

Just who's going to take the time+effort to produce these videos?  Well, I nominate everyone on the forum except me.  I think many of our expert users have the equipment and "daring do" to assemble a basic set, shoot a tutorial, and edit in sreenshot footage.  This could then be uploaded and vetted, and linked to future versions.

So how about it, all you closet Fellini's?  Any takers? 

skylarplane

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2007, 12:43:17 pm »

I think at least once a year have an overview video of what MC can do, then have
a selection list of how to's.  If many are like me, I only use it for my music
but I'd like to learn so much more.

How about coming to one of the computer shows and give us a good show
of MC and all?

Skylar
Pages: [1]   Go Up