INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Auto-Import" and "Handheld Conversion Cache" folder question.  (Read 1250 times)

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
"Auto-Import" and "Handheld Conversion Cache" folder question.
« on: November 07, 2007, 02:38:39 am »

If I have my "Handheld Conversion Cache" folder under my main "Media Library" folder so that it's easy to back it up along with all the rest of my "Media" files.  I also have my Auto-Import options set to watch the entire "Media Library" folder and all it's subfolders.  So far, my handheld cache folder is empty, but if I should start using it, will it be a problem that "Auto-Import" is watching it?  In other words, will MC ignore the "cache" folder, or will it "Auto-import" any file that MC puts in it during a "conversion" process?

If MC will in fact watch and import files from this folder (creating duplicate entries in my library), is it possible to use the "Exclude this folder" option to create a separate entry that will exclude this folder even though it's in under the main "Media Library" folder?  In other words, does an "Excluded" folder entry override any other "include" settings?  Does the order of the auto-import folder list have any effect on the results?

Or... should I move my Handheld Conversion Cache folder out of my "Media Library" parent folder? 

Thanks,

Larry

marko

• MC Beta Team
Re: "Auto-Import" and "Handheld Conversion Cache" folder question.
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2007, 03:04:01 am »

an exclude rule should work fine.

I have a watched folder for incoming music, and in there, a subfolder called upgrade for better quality rips that will be replacing existing tracks in the library. I have this upgrade folder in an exclude rule and all works as expected.

-marko.

kirkfrey

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2007, 05:10:58 pm »

a subfolder called upgrade for better quality rips that will be replacing existing tracks in the library. I have this upgrade folder in an exclude rule and all works as expected

I am looking to do this as well - looking to re-rip older/lower bit rate with better rips.  How do you get the songs from upgrade folder into the right locations?

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2007, 02:36:02 am »

If this page still leaves you with questions, please, ask away :)

-marko.
Pages: [1]   Go Up