INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shell integration in XP x64  (Read 951 times)

void

Shell integration in XP x64
« on: November 07, 2007, 05:34:19 pm »

Hello!

I've been using Media Center 11.1 for a long time and I was a very happy user until I went to a 64 bits OS...
I've searched in this forum and in the web but I can't find a solution for the missing shell integration in my Windows XP x64.

Install/reboot/uninstall/reboot/install/reboot. Checking and unchecking the 'Enable shell integration' and nothing works. Still no Media Center in the context menu when I try to play a music or video file.  :(

Also tried MC 12.0.363 and with the same results. But when I was about to save the download of MC 12.0.363 I noticed that in the 'Save as' dialog box I had the MC included in the context menu!!! So inside a 'Save as' dialog box I can for example send a music file to MC with 'Add to playing now' but in plain Windows Explorer I can't do that.  ?

Can someone help me with this? I don't know what else to try... And without MC shell integration in my OS I feel like a cripple wondering through the explorer windows...

Best regards!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Shell integration in XP x64
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2007, 07:08:29 pm »

It's possible that 64-bit Explorer won't load a 32-bit shell extension.  Anyone else?

You could always use "My Computer" inside Media Center for browsing.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JONCAT

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2007, 10:40:38 pm »

It's a known issue. Many apps can run the 64bit shell. there are some purported workarounds on the web, but they never really worked for me.

DC

void

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2007, 03:59:28 am »

Oh! :(
I hope a x64 version, or at least a more x64 friendly version is in the agenda...

But thanks for the suggestion Matt.
Pages: [1]   Go Up