INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.tlb is missing a lot of stuff?  (Read 2505 times)

secretsuperstar

• Recent member
Media Center 12.tlb is missing a lot of stuff?
« on: November 08, 2007, 05:01:53 pm »

I wrote an automation app for Media Center 11 a year or two ago, and I use it almost every day. I just upgraded to Media Center 12 today and discovered that my app compiled okay, but it was still linked with Media Center 11. When I take a look at COM components registered on my system, the MediaJukebox component is indeed the one from Media Center 11 (Media Center.tlb), and the MediaCenter component is the MC12 version (Media Center 12.tlb). The thing is, there appears to be a LOT of stuff missing in the MC12 namespace. For example, there's no MJAutomation object to instantiate- just the IMJAutomation interface.

I've noticed there's an MCAutomationClass in the MC12 version, however there appears to be no equivalent to MJFileAutomation, which I use heavily in my app.

The Wiki doesn't say anything about any differences between the MC12 and MC11 APIs (of course it only seems up-to-date as of version 11), and I haven't seen any mention of this discrepancy in the forums. Where are MJAutomation and MJFileAutomation now? I'd really like to be able to use this copy of MC12 I just got! (At least I can still build to MC11 while I look for a solution.)

EDIT: I'd like to clarify things a little bit. When I reference the MC11 TLB file, I see a MediaJukebox namespace with all the objects and interfaces I'm used to seeing. When I reference the MC12 TLB, I see a different namespace, called MediaCenter, and while it has some of the same (but updated) interfaces, such as IMJAutomation, it does not contain any of the classes, like MJAutomation that actually make stuff work. So simply changing the namespace in my app does not work.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Media Center 12.tlb is missing a lot of stuff?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2007, 05:32:37 pm »

I think they just changed the labels

I am afraid there may be some more changes in the future.

maybe they should settle for generic labels and not Tack On A MC or MJ Label so they can avoid major changes to the SDK in the future.

Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

secretsuperstar

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2007, 05:39:24 pm »

It's more than just name change. The MediaCenter namespace contains about half of what the MediaJukebox namespace did. There are only 2 classes in the entire MC12 namespace, whereas there were quite a few in MC11. It's not just different names but (apparently) a lot of missing functionality.

The thing is, I'd expect to see a lot of people complaining here if that was the case, but I'm not seeing that...

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2007, 05:50:32 pm »

I have not looked at it for sometime, it would sound weird to me why this would be.

Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2007, 05:53:20 pm »

I don't think any functionality is missing between MC11 and 12.  The reverse.

gappie

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2007, 06:02:09 pm »

i dont know. i have only mc 12 on this machineand 11 was never on it. and i use MJFileAutomation in my plugin. works. but im not a wiz. no idea what could be the problem.

secretsuperstar

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2007, 06:07:57 pm »

I managed to figure it out. The classes are not directly accessible anymore, but in most cases that's not a problem. I was able to edit my code that accessed the classes directly and substitute interfaces instead. MCAutomationClass (one of the only classes left in MediaCenter) is a replacement for MJAutomation. You should use the new MCAutomation interface instead of IMJAutomation in your code.

It appears to be working. The Wiki needs an update. :)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2007, 06:10:22 pm »

So update it.   ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up