INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Action Window Presets ?  (Read 1433 times)

hit_ny

• Citizen of the Universe
  • nothing more to say...
Action Window Presets ?
« on: November 11, 2007, 03:39:06 am »

Being able to save which tags to show in the Action window would come in very handy when tagging various media types. You only want to see certain tags depending on the media type.

I vote for a way to load/save various tag sets as presets for the Action Window.

marko

• MC Beta Team
Re: Action Window Presets ?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2007, 04:36:42 am »

I'm not sure I follow you.
I already get different tags depending upon media type, and another set for mixed media types.

I found that from a clean install, the default tags shown were a little off for me, but I've added each tag as needed via the "also show" right click option and MC remembers my tag window for each media type.

I'm using the "show default tags" option mostly, and occasionally I'll switch to using the "tags in current view" option which can be very powerful way of controlling the tag window contents, especially for image views which are predominantly thumbnail views.

Is this not how the tag window is working for you?

-marko.

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2007, 05:02:50 am »

It does, i was asking for a quicker way to customise it.

"Also  Show" is how i have it, but there are times some more tags are required and for other times they aren't required, within the same media.

eg Tagging CUE files, usually done after an import in the recently imported smartlist. There are certain tags that are appropriate here and not used when tagging single files.

Would also allow a quicker way to get the tags back after an upgrade.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2007, 05:11:04 am »

>> It does, i was asking for a quicker way to customise it. <<

I'm with you now.

prod

• Play nice
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2007, 06:04:29 am »

"Show tags in current view" kind of offers this functionality. On recently imported stuff I tend to change specific tags on the file so they appear in a certain view, then go & edit them there. There's so many variants that change the way files should be tagged - not just media type, but media sub type for example - I don't feel what you're suggesting could be implemented without a hell of a lot of work. As it works now, you could set up smartlists that contain recently imported stuff that's for instance a TV Show with the proper columns all set up so you can edit them easily, so I think the functionality is already there.

darichman

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2007, 06:05:29 am »

Edit: prod beat me to it :)

If you use the "show tags in current view" option, you can achieve something close to what you're after... Set up the view you want, showing the columns you want to appear in the action window. Then select "show tags in current view"

If you use different views, the action window will always show tags relevant to that view (be it a playlist or a viewscheme)

So you can, in fact, save action window presets, albeit indirectly - as a view preset.
Definitely a workaround, but does this do what you want? Eg you could create a FLAC tagging playlist with it's own view preset...

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2007, 08:27:50 am »

As it works now, you could set up smartlists that contain recently imported stuff that's for instance a TV Show with the proper columns all set up so you can edit them easily, so I think the functionality is already there.
I'll explore that idea, thx for the suggestion.
Pages: [1]   Go Up