INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recording in MJ8  (Read 1565 times)

jiminkansas66205

• Recent member
Recording in MJ8
« on: November 12, 2007, 02:13:11 am »

When you click on 'record', there's a box that pops up for the recorder. In that box is where you click on the 'start' button to begin recording whatever it is you want to record. While recording, it is counting the time of the recording. OK.......I have some songs that have a slight pause in them and when it comes to this pause, the recorder detects no sound and starts a new track. Is there a way that I can disable that feature and instead of it starting a new track, it continues with the original track I was recording?

I know there is a box in the 'settings' that you can check to wait for sound before starting recording. I have tried it checked and unchecked and nothing seems to change.

One other question..........why am I not able to add the 2 second gap between tracks when burning cd's? I finally found where I can do that, but it is grayed out and I am not able to use it.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Recording in MJ8
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2007, 12:54:18 am »

For your CD Burning Gap issue, read this: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=43447.0

For the other issues, one problem you're having is that MJ8 is really quite old, and most of us are trying to go on memory for how things worked for us years and years and years ago.  With my wine-addled brain that's not the easiest task, and a bunch of the rest of us aren't much better!   ;)

I'd probably give it another week or two to "mature" (because it just came out), but you might want to download and try out MJ12.  This is a brand new product from JRiver that is completely free and is designed to get a lot of users like yourself "caught up to the rest of us" who use MC12.  The two products (MJ12 and MC12) are very similar, with MJ12 being mostly just everything MC is, but limited to Audio and a bit more simplified all around (but not dumbed down).

As for your specific question on disabling the auto-cut of the tracks... I would strongly guess that such an option would exists, but I have no idea where.  Someone younger and with a stronger memory will have to step in.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

jiminkansas66205

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 05:22:35 am »

Thanks Glynor. I went to the place you suggested, but that person's problem was exactly opposite of mine. He had the 2 second gap and didn't want it and I can't get it, but want it..........lol.

I had thought about the new MJ, but I saw where there were people having some problems, so thought I would wait a while. Media Center just seems to have a lot more stuff than what I need.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2007, 08:49:24 am »

I had thought about the new MJ, but I saw where there were people having some problems, so thought I would wait a while. Media Center just seems to have a lot more stuff than what I need.

I agree that MC may have more than you'd need, but the new MJ would probably fit the bill pretty well.  I also agree fully that waiting a couple of weeks for them to work out the bugs and stabilize a bit more is a Very Good Idea.

I did also understand that you were looking to add in the gap.  I'd say to you the same thing as I said to the other user.  Look for a Disc-at-Once vs. Track-at-Once type option.  If you want the gap, select Track-at-Once and the burner HAS TO add the gap.

I have no idea where to look.  One thing that is for certain... Any CD-RW drive is going to support TAO (Track-at-Once) so you don't need to worry about that.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

jiminkansas66205

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2007, 02:49:25 pm »

Glynor,
  There is no option for what you suggested (the 'track-at-once or the 'disk-at-once). I've been in and out of MJ8 and haven't seen anything like that. But that's ok.....I appreciate your assistance.

One question about the new MJ and hopefully you will know the answer or someone on here will. If I decide to download it, will it load right over MJ8? What I don't want to have to do is download it and then find out that I have to rip all of my files back into it. Thanks again.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2007, 03:01:02 pm »

I just installed MJ8 on a test PC and tried upgrading to MJ12.

MJ12 can't automatically find and use your MJ8 library (not yet, at least).

You can manually replace the MJ12 library files wiith your current MJ8 library files. After that MJ12 will use the old library data and also preserve all old playlists.

I could create step-by-step instructions, but it would be better if JRiver could automate this process.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2007, 03:10:02 pm »

... and then find out that I have to rip all of my files back into it.

In any case you would not need to rerip or rerecord the audio files if they are stored on the hard disk.

MJ can create a new library automatically just by reading the disk contents. However, some of the previous library elements like playlists are not preserved with this method.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

jiminkansas66205

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2007, 08:02:42 pm »

Thanks Alex. As Glynor suggested, I'm gonna wait a while before I download it and hopefully some of the 'bugs' get worked out.
Pages: [1]   Go Up