INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gap between tracks  (Read 855 times)

muzikd

Gap between tracks
« on: November 14, 2007, 06:16:59 pm »

I have Media Jukebox Plus 8.0.  In my CD Writer settings the box for "Add two second gap between tracks" stays checked and it will not allow me to un-check it.  This particular box is in a shade of gray, not silver like the other boxes.  Does anybody have a solution to this problem or know why this is happening?

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Gap between tracks
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2007, 12:16:25 am »

It has been forever since I used MJ8 but... Just a wild guess here (or at least a place to look).

In order to eliminate the 2 second gap, the CD must be burnt in Disc-at-Once mode.  Track-at-Once mode won't allow you to go gapless (or any less than 2 seconds).  So, your burner must support Disc-at-Once mode and you have to enable it in the CD burning application.  Generally newer applications automatically enable Disc-at-Once when you try to set the gap lower than 2 seconds, but older apps didn't and maybe MJ8 is one of those.

Look around in the Burn Settings for an option that says Disc-at-Once vs. Track-at-Once (usually wherever you pick to Finalize or Close the disc in older CD burning applications).

If you can't seem to find this type of option no matter where in Options or Burn Settings you look, perhaps MJ8 does know to automatically set this, and knows that your drive doesn't support it.  This is only likely if you have a very old drive.  But heck, MJ8 is very old, so your drive might be too!  You can use a tool like Nero InfoTool to really find out what your drive can do.

If it doesn't list DAO as a supported Write mode (on the Drive tab with your drive selected in the drop down at the top) then your drive doesn't physically support this feature.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up