INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "read only"...help please  (Read 1289 times)

goose2

• World Citizen
"read only"...help please
« on: November 15, 2007, 05:36:38 pm »

Ever since networking my laptop and desktop machines, I've been trying to do a library sync to the laptop......several hours later and still no success, but that's for another post. My latest snag is that now, on my host desktop, my database is "read only" per the message "DB is read only because it is in use by another...etc."   I shut down the other machine, rebooted the host and still the same message....database is read only. I'm at my wit's end with this....can anyone help me?
Thanks

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Farm Animal Stupid
Re: "read only"...help please
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2007, 10:02:43 am »

Not sure if this is the same problem you're having, but I was experiencing this as well, and come to find out, the problem was that MC was already running. I had minimized it and since I had it set to minimize to the system tray, it had and I had to expand the system tray to see it.

goose2

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2007, 04:34:38 pm »

I addressed this in another thread, but for Doof and anyone else interested, I discovered another, (read only) library had been created somehow named default (1), and MC was opening in it. It appeared with my efforts to set up a network and sync librarys between desktop and laptop....which effort has been a total disaster so far. I switched back to default library and no more read only problem.

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2007, 11:49:39 pm »

Thanks for sharing the solution. How was the database in read only mode? Do you mean the file permissions?

j

goose2

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2007, 02:50:06 pm »

I don't know how it was in read only mode, only that when I opened MC, I got the "Database is in read only mode....etc" message. I haven't had time to investigate further, nor am I sure what you're asking.....but if it helps, I can look into it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up