INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lost some functionality in 12.0.374  (Read 1731 times)

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Lost some functionality in 12.0.374
« on: November 17, 2007, 10:47:31 pm »

I no longer have the option to update the sequence order or to remove duplicate files in playlists when I right-click...what gives?

marko

• MC Beta Team
Re: Lost some functionality in 12.0.374
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2007, 03:41:20 am »

these commands are now accessed by right clicking on the playlist item in the tree.

daerob

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2007, 09:46:23 am »

these commands are now accessed by right clicking on the playlist item in the tree.

Not available on recently imported files, not yet in a playlist, where I mostly used the features.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2007, 10:23:32 am »

Not available on recently imported files, not yet in a playlist, where I mostly used the features.

You're right, you don't have access to these functions on the Imported Today playlist, which is probably a bug.

Question though... Why do you use those functions on the imported today playlist?  Particularly the remove duplicates feature... You realize that Remove Duplicates doesn't delete the files, but just removes them from the listing, right?
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2007, 11:14:47 am »

"Imported Today" and "Recently Imported" are smart lists, not play lists, and as these commands don't apply to smart lists I wouldn't expect to find them there.

daerob

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2007, 12:11:45 pm »

You're right, you don't have access to these functions on the Imported Today playlist, which is probably a bug.

Question though... Why do you use those functions on the imported today playlist?  Particularly the remove duplicates feature... You realize that Remove Duplicates doesn't delete the files, but just removes them from the listing, right?

Don't really need the "Remove Duplicates" feature. The "Update Order" feature was used on files that I import and tag manually (I've been digitizing some of my old vinyl). I do the recording, cleaning, and normalizing before importing into and tagging in MC. Also use on stuff I record from radio and tv.

jaquestati

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2008, 07:47:27 pm »

the remove duplicates is still not working in playing now... a huge loss? is it a bug or a removed feature??  :(

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2008, 07:50:18 pm »

the remove duplicates is still not working in playing now... a huge loss? is it a bug or a removed feature??  :(

I can't reproduce this using the newer MC builds.

Could you try updating to the latest build?

If it continues, please let us know exactly how you are trying to remove duplicates.

Thanks!
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up