INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I Have Few Suggestions:  (Read 940 times)

matanlevy

• Recent member
I Have Few Suggestions:
« on: November 18, 2007, 09:08:08 am »

Hi Every Body!

I have few Ideas that may make "JRiver Media Center" special and even better :)

1) I think that it possible to get the program finding art and information about movies from the HardDrive and adding this info to the media files.. that way you will browse you movie/Tv-Shows/ collection in a more comfortable way.. which i think is the best way
(Like in any other Movie Data Base Program **I think large covers will be better**)
2) If i Will be able to launch other player through the library(Like BSPlayer) it will be great untill you will make the video quality of your player better.. 

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: I Have Few Suggestions:
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2007, 09:40:38 am »

1) I think that it possible to get the program finding art and information about movies from the HardDrive and adding this info to the media files.. that way you will browse you movie/Tv-Shows/ collection in a more comfortable way.. which i think is the best way
(Like in any other Movie Data Base Program **I think large covers will be better**)

You can add cover art and file info to video files manually with MC's standard tagging tools.

It would be nice to have an automatic system for getting external file metadata from a HD file, but I don't think any standardized format for storing that kind of info exists.

MC can import and export file metadata in its own mpl playlist format (which contains all library field data in XML format). An mpl file can be used as a sidecar file (though only manually by using the export/import playlist feature). This is useful for example when video files are copied from one PC to another.

2) If i Will be able to launch other player through the library(Like BSPlayer) it will be great untill you will make the video quality of your player better.. 

You can already do that. Try the right-click > send to > external feature. After you have used a command from that list it will appear as a first item on the right-click menu. You can configure MC to memorize up to eight recently used commands in Tools > Options > Tree & View > Advanced > Right-click recent command count.

BTW, isn't BSPlayer a standard DirectShow player just like MC? If yes, then the output quality is depended on the selected DirectShow filters and filter specific options instead of the program's internal codecs.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

matanlevy

• Recent member
Re: I Have Few Suggestions:
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2007, 11:34:04 am »

Thank you very much :)
you have been for a great help

I just didnt find those features  by my own :( sorry

Pages: [1]   Go Up