INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem solved: Bluescreen crash during large library imports  (Read 721 times)

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Problem solved: Bluescreen crash during large library imports
« on: November 19, 2007, 02:35:24 pm »

Background:
I have an HTPC and a desktop machine with the same innards: same mobo, same amount of RAM and identical video and sound cards. Both are running XP Pro SP2. All software install files go onto a NAS and I install from that.
I put the MC 12 trial on both PCs. On the HTPC, importing lots of video files, or sometimes those form certain directories would result in a bluescreen error message and immediate restart. On the desktop it would happen on different directories or under other circumstances.
Matt suggested I update my nVidia drivers, which I usually keep current with. I'm running 7900 GTOs, not overclocked to GTXs. I had fallen behind on the latest drivers as I'd heard of many things being broken.

Long story short:
After updating nVidia drivers to 163.xx, library imports work almost perfectly; no crashes whatsoever, but many mkv files are recognised as 'data' rather than 'video' (but i posted about that in another thread).

BTW, now I LOVE MC 12.
Pages: [1]   Go Up